Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should I call my OB or go to L&D *update

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 9 Replies
Yesterday my left leg started to hurt like a pulled muscle between my leg and vaginal area. When I woke up this morning not to much pain but now from my butt to my feet are killing me it feels like a day after working out hardcore. I am 26 weeks and haven't felt the baby move to much but here and there. Don't know what to do I am in so much pain walking around. I do have a toddler to take care of I am a stay at home mom so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

*the OB on call thinks the pain is being cause by my sciatic nerve. She said that I should feel 10
Movements in 2 hour period a day but I usually only feel kicks here and there. Some days she is really active other days not so much and it freaks me out.
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:08 PM

When is your next standad appointment?

lost2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Not until April 3rd.
Quoting KREX0914:

When is your next standad appointment?

NikkiPitt0805
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I'd call, just to be safe. Good luck. 

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Maybe call your ob tomorrow and see if you can get in sooner. At least ask them about your symptoms.

If you are truly worried about the baby then go to l&d and get checked out. before you do this drink some juice and relax and count movements for an hour...if you think it's really low go in if it seems normal then wait to call until morning.

My first was a super active baby, my second rarely had strong distinguishable movements. If baby is normally really active then I'd worry a bit more
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM

Call and explain the situation. Better safe than sorry.

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Have you laid down and done a kick count?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BABYBOY01
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I would call to make sure but at around that stage of my pregnancy I had the same problem I could barely get out of bed ! The pain was just horrible to move or sometimes walk . They said it was the baby putting pressure . And that as he got bigger I wouldn't feel him move around as much but I would go in and check
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I would call just to be safe. 

ManicVetTech
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I was told 10 movements in an hour. If you don't count 10 in one hour, drink some cold juice and go another hour. If you still haven't counted 10 definite movements (the two combined) to go to Labor and Delivery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)