Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you've had a water birth....

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:30 PM
  • 51 Replies
What was it like? I've decidet I'm going to have a water birth, this is my first baby and I know everybody is different and every birth experience is different but I'm just curious about other women's experiences.
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SecondChance709
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm curious too, also having my first in the water

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM
It was cool!!

My water birth was my 3rd baby and my best birth experience by far!

I am planning another water birth with my 4th - due in June.

Do you have any specific questions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nki92
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM
That's wat my doctor told me most women ended up loving it did the warm water help with the pain? And how long were ou on labor for? I'm also planning on having a natrual birth so I'm a little nervous about that

Quoting kmqw229: It was cool!!

My water birth was my 3rd baby and my best birth experience by far!

I am planning another water birth with my 4th - due in June.

Do you have any specific questions?
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:51 PM
I think it helps with pain, but I have always enjoyed being in the water.

I don't know how long my labor was exactly.. My water broke around 2pm and he was born about 5:30pm.

I breathed through the contractions & never actively tried to push. I had no tearing or stitches!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nki92
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:56 PM
I'm hoping it'll go smoothly like that for me too I'm really excited now :)
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I hope it does!

Quoting Nki92: I'm hoping it'll go smoothly like that for me too I'm really excited now :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this
It's so amazing! Worth it.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Definately awesome!! But my labor was rediculously fast! I went from not being sure I was in labor to my water breaking, jumping in the tub and delivering 18 minutes later. The water definately was soothing! There was an ick factor for me. As soon as we were done enjoying the moment, and we cut the cord, I handed him off to Hubby so I could take a shower. But it was very amazing!! Gets me excited thinking about it for the next one!

Oh and he was 10 lbs 2 oz LOL That still blows my mind!

Nki92
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Wow I couldn't imagine pushing out a 10 pound baby but at least it went fast :) and I'm super excited for mine I'm really happy I'm getting the chance to experience it.

Quoting NoraDun:

Definately awesome!! But my labor was rediculously fast! I went from not being sure I was in labor to my water breaking, jumping in the tub and delivering 18 minutes later. The water definately was soothing! There was an ick factor for me. As soon as we were done enjoying the moment, and we cut the cord, I handed him off to Hubby so I could take a shower. But it was very amazing!! Gets me excited thinking about it for the next one!

Oh and he was 10 lbs 2 oz LOL That still blows my mind!

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Amazing!  I wanted to try to deliver on hands and knees because I heard it was easier BUT getting into that position left my back out of the water and caused a massive amount of pain so I ended up doing it on my side. It was definitely less intense, made it easier for me to relax and breathe through the contractions.  If we were to ever have another baby I'd go that route again 100%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)