Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

would you ask for a refund/ credit?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
  • 47 Replies
my 1st appt. was on Monday. when I got there they only had me scheduled for a 15 min check up not a new pregnancy appt which I believe they schedule for 45 mins. my midwife got through as much as she could but not all of it and I have to go back april 1st to finish what they couldnt get to. I also didn't get an ultra sound and have to set up a dating ultrasound at the hospital.

each visit cost $50 so instead of just $50 for what should have been the whole visit I have to pay $100. I'm thinking of saying something when I go back in the 1st.

also did you get an ultra sound at your first appt? Im thinking they're sending me to the hospital to get it because of their screw up.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

does a 45 minute visit cost more than a 15 minute visit?

why do you need an ultrasound? Most women don't get them until 20 weeks.

peachaz1
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I always got an ultrasound at my first intake appointment
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM

yes, i would say something if it was their mistake.  yes, i have always had an u/s at my first appt around 7/8w for dating. 

my OB wouldn't stare at the clock and walk out after 15 mins though.  she is with me until the appt is done so i would be frustrated that they didn't just figure it out while they were there.  i wouldn't like feeling like a number with a time limit...

dreamarrow
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM
You could say something about the appointment length although I don't see them doing anything about it. Who knows though maybe next time they'll waive the $50 fee
I didn't get an ultrasound at my first appointment and I always go to the hospital to get mine done. Not all doctors order "early" ultrasounds lots of women just get them done at 20 weeks and at the end of pregnancy
esox
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Depending on where you go, that sounds like a typical first appointment to me. My doctors office never did ultrasounds, I always had to make separate appointments at the hospital.
I'm sure the midwife would have stuck around to answer any questions you had. If she wasn't willing to do that, I'd start looking for a new doc anyway.
What do you feel she left out?
Decemberlov
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:58 AM
no, same price. the $50 is my copay. its just going to take a second visit to get everything completed now.

the ultrasound is to confirm how far along I am. I'm not sure of my lmp

Quoting Bethbeth:

WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Every doctors office is different, id ask though. I always had to make an appointment for any ultrasounds.
msalice_21
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM
I would bring it up.
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:36 PM

typically you don't get an ultrasound done at your first appointment, they send you to the lab to get that done.......

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Quoting Bethbeth:

no, you get an ultrasound in the beginning to confirm how far along you are, and then another one at 20 weeks. 

most women only get two/three ultrasounds when pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)