Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Things that make you go hmmm....

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 198 Replies
71 moms liked this

I am not even sure where to start with this so I am going to give a bit of background stuff, bare with me....

So, at 5 I knew I wanted to be a mom. When people asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was "my mom".  Not a doctor, or a vet, or any of that, I just wanted to be a mom. When I was 16 I was told I had PCOS and didnt think anything of it, other then that I always had to carry feminine supplies with me, cuz you just never know...

At 21 I met my future husband and at 22 we decided to start trying for babies.  After a year we got sent to a fertility doctor and spent the next 4.5 years seeing him.  We did fertility drugs, hormone injections, even artifical insemination.  We got married Aug 8, 2008 and June 29, 2009 he was killed in a MVA, I was 27. 

I was always that girl who said "I am done having babies at 30" And after my husband died I accepted that it was never going to happen for me.  I didnt want to try anymore, and finding someone in their 30's willing to try for that long etc I just didnt see as an option.  I used to tease my husband all the time about his birthday.  He was born Sept 25, 1977, exactly 9 months after xmas, so I always told him he was a christmas present. And every year while we were trying he would hope that he could give me that christmas present (he wouldn't have cared when it happened, but he wanted the baby to have the same birthday as him). 

January 21, 2014, I am 31 and I find out I am pregnant with my current bfs baby.  No drugs, no trying, just going about life. We just started dating the end of August. James is 36 and never thought about having kids, the idea still terrifies him but I think that is just a guy thing.

My ultrasound dates me as being due September 17th, which would mean Peanut was created December 25th, 2013.....  I am thinking my husband found a way to still get me my christmas present, knowing I always wanted to be a mom and that I would never do all of that fertility stuff again.

The real kicker, me, James (my bf), my old roomate (she moved in with me when my husband passed away) and her bf were all moving her stuff out of the basement about 3 weeks ago, and I found a teddy bear my husband had given me xmas 0f 2007 (the last xmas he was alive) It had a little collar on it with a name tag in it.  The bears name is James. The same name of my bf, and the father of my little baby growing inside of me..... 

Just a coincidence, could be.  But maybe its something, just a little bit more.....

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM
31 moms liked this

that's awesome and I TOTALLY believe it's all your husband's doing...everything happens for a reason

Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:20 PM
5 moms liked this
:) it sounds like hes helping you out. I'm sorry for all that you've went through. A miracle of love :)
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like it was meant to be!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Cool story!!
zandizane
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Sweet story :)
EninJenniLouis
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Aww :)
lovehimforever
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a coinceidence. everything happens for a reason. and this was meant to be. Congratulations. 

joywalz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM
How neat!!
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Oh wow!! That is really neat! I am always one to see stuff like that, too!
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a really great story.... also, I'm sorry for your loss but I'm so glad you get to be a mom :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)