Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pushing vaginal birth advise ?!!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:07 PM
  • 25 Replies
I had my son vaginal and pushed for 2 1/2 hours I didn't feel like I was doing it quit right , I'm now pregnant with my 2nd baby and will be pushing her out I also have hemorrhoids from the first pregnancy from pushing , any advise on how to push ?
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seximama23
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Best thing I can tell you since both babies I pushed for 10-15 mins only. Deep breath in and push like your taking a poop lol.
Barb87
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:20 PM
perineal massge 3-4x a week starting at 35wks. Trust me it works!!! I vaginally delivered my son with no ripping nor tearing, he was 10lbs 1oz with a 15 inch head. Also, trust your body. I never attended any lamaze classes. I didn't see the point. I knew I wanted to labor in the water, & because of my back injuries an epidural was out of the question even if I wanted one (which I didn't). If you feel the need to push, let your body do it on its own. I did & my OB almost didn't make it to my room in time to deliver my son!!!! Granted I had a 3.5hr labor (induction) from the 1sr contraction until I delivered the placenta. Listen to your body & follow its cues, not you dr or anybody else.
I'll get off my soapbox now!
Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM
2nd babies tend to come faster.

Don't worry about it! Plus the farther baby comes down on his/her own the less time you have to push.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I pushed my first for 3 hours. 2nd was a couple pushes. I'm sure you were doing it "right" some babies take more work. I agree that this baby will probably surprise you with how much faster it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Try not to hold back. Just push with all you got. Being your second it should be easier this time anyway.
princess_peach
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I pushed for 2 1/2 hours with my first baby. Then with my second baby, my entire labor was less than 2 1/2 hours.

I recommend no forceful pushing. Just work with your body to gently nudge your baby down.That is much harder to do if you have an epidural though...

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you have an epidural, if so it can cause you to not push correctly because you cant feel! Go drug free and stay on your feet or hands and knees to push. Laying on your back is the worst possible way to deliver!!

#1 I pushed 10 minutes. I had an epidural and hated it!

#2 fell out when they broke my water

#3 I pushed 10 mins (on the living room floor)

#4 I pushed for 18 mins (I didnt know I was in labor til my water broke. I went from nothing to intense contractions and pushing. I delivered 18 mins later. His took longer because he was a bit big. 10 lbs 2oz. I had him in my bath tub)

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Pretty much lol. I pushed for 2.5hrs with my 1st but my wasn't due to not pushing "correctly" it was because he had a huge head (17"). My other 2 vaginal births I pushed for like 15min lol.

Quoting Seximama23: Best thing I can tell you since both babies I pushed for 10-15 mins only. Deep breath in and push like your taking a poop lol.
KekeLi938
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I noticed that my last daughter was the easiest pushing I had done, because I wasn't on my back. I was able to deliver on my side, and it helped a lot.
mama232011
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Use a mirror Im a visual learner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN