Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

what do yall think...

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM
  • 11 Replies

we found out we're having a girl and have been thinking of names. fil suggested effie, which is a family name and i like it. dh is dead set on naming her adalie though. i'm not sure how i feel about the name.. what do yall think about it?

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carolynishappy
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Maybe name her Effie Adalie. You will get the name you like and will DH. That's probably what I would do.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

CafeMom Tickers

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Its a family name so that's one thing. When I read the name I immediately went to a pg version of the "f" word..."effing ______". If those are the only 2 names to choose from, I would make Effie the middle.

cheribabii831
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

he is dead set on adalie being the first name lol.. he says i got to pick 2 girl names already so he gets to pick this time and i can pick the middle name. i don't think i like adalie effie though, don't think it has a good ring to it lol

Quoting Carolynishappy:

Maybe name her Effie Adalie. You will get the name you like and will DH. That's probably what I would do.

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Personally, I wouldn't name a girl Effie - that has so much potential to destroy her in school with teasing.....

Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I like Adalie better than Effie.

Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I was called Effie when I was little as a nickname for Stephanie. I didn't like it. I like Adalie better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samsanders
by Samantha on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I agree with these ladies... HOWEVER it's your baby! I do think that your DH should get a chance to name one of your children. But that's just my opinion. I like the name he chose. Good luck!
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:03 AM
In addition to what has been posted, I'd like to throw out that Effie is a character from the Hunger Games Trilogy, which is very popular right now. There's the very real possibility that you'd have to deal with the "oh, after hunger games"? bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillowRose24
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Quoting beadingmom17: In addition to what has been posted, I'd like to throw out that Effie is a character from the Hunger Games Trilogy, which is very popular right now. There's the very real possibility that you'd have to deal with the "oh, after hunger games"? bit.

I love hunger games... Name her Prim! lol

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I love Hunger Games, too. But could never name a kid Prim...if someone yelled my kid's name, it'd be so hard to resist yelling "I volunteer as tribute!!!"

Quoting WillowRose24:

Quoting beadingmom17: In addition to what has been posted, I'd like to throw out that Effie is a character from the Hunger Games Trilogy, which is very popular right now. There's the very real possibility that you'd have to deal with the "oh, after hunger games"? bit.

I love hunger games... Name her Prim! lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)