Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

2 hours away from home, possibly early labor! - help!!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:36 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm 38 weeks and 4 days along with my first.

I saw my midwife on Thursday. She said I was 70% effaced, and although she couldn't actually check my dialation, she thought I was around a three or four. She said she was almost positive I would go past 40 weeks. I told her that it was DH's birthday and we'd talked about going out of town two hours away. She told me it might be an uncomfortable ride, but I should be fine.

I believe I lost my mucus plug late Thursday night (it was a super thick snot looking blob). I was still feeling pretty good, so we ended up going on our trip as planned.

I just had a dream that we had to rush home, because I was in labor. I JUST woke up and felt a small trickle of water.

I went to the bathroom and had a lot of pink, bloody looking discharge.

I felt a very minor cramp, but I'm not sure if I'm starting to freak out and imagine things or not. Could I cramp from a lot of gas?

Any help or advice would be nice.
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cfcf
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Call your midwife. If you're not having contractions you may be able to start heading towards home.
flaquitabss
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:54 AM

It sounds your labor might have started, but it could be 48 hrs away.   Its just different with every baby.  If you feel contractions, write down the time.  Actual labor will generally be a regular pattern, getting closer and stronger every time.   If you count one every twenty minutes, its probably time to go to the hospital.   If you plan on going home just in case, do not leave until you know a route to every hospital on the way.  Just in case!  Good luck!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:34 AM
The bloody mucus could be (and likely is) from the exam. Unless you get increasingly intense contractons, you're fine. Braxton Hicks can feel pretty campy and even mildly painful towards the end.

If you do start having connections, slowly head back home. You don't have to rush to the nearest hospital.
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM

You're not in labor until you have consistent, timeable contractions so you still have some time.  Try to rest.

smurffettmommy2
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Go to a hospital is the smart thing. Dont matter how far from home yall are. I know a girl from Texas that came to il n went into labor. Very early labor.
ShannaBee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Sounds like early labor to me. Call your midwife.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)