Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Weird "contractions"

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

Basically, I either feel like I'm having minor menstrual cramps (for me anyway...mine were always horrific) or my stomach just gets tight and I don't really FEEL anything.  It just seems tighter/stretched.  Seriously, they don't keep me from walking or doing anything, but they do make getting up and/or walking a little more difficult.  They don't hurt AT ALL!   So I'm like, "okay. Braxton hicks!"  The problem is, they are getting more regular as I will be 38 weeks tomorrow.  But sometimes I don't even notice them unless I am standing up or starting to walk.  So, I have no idea how often I'm actually having them.  So I don't know HOW regular they are coming on or if I should be trying to time them.  If I do want to time them, it's much harder because they are not painful and I'm still working full-time, so when I get busy, I'm distracted.  It's getting aggravating!  Has anyone dealt with this before?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I've had them and they are just BH contractions which .can come more frequently during the last few weeks.
wantthatbaby46
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Thanks! That's what I figured.

Quoting wiccanlove92: I've had them and they are just BH contractions which .can come more frequently during the last few weeks.

wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM
You're welcome. If it makes you feel better mine have apparently turned into very early labor contractions according to my dr since they're too consistent to be BH contractions and don't go away no matter what I do but aren't getting any closer together or more intense like what's expected during active labor. I'm kinda stuck inbetween normal third trimester and baby time till they either go away on their own or turn into full blown active labor since I'm now 36 weeks and dr won't do anything to stop them.

Quoting wantthatbaby46:

Quoting wiccanlove92: I've had them and they are just BH contractions which .can come more frequently during the last few weeks.

Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Yeah, BH contractions come more frequently at the end, especially when you're active or change positions.  No biggie.  =)

wantthatbaby46
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Oh my goodness! Well good luck!

Quoting wiccanlove92: You're welcome. If it makes you feel better mine have apparently turned into very early labor contractions according to my dr since they're too consistent to be BH contractions and don't go away no matter what I do but aren't getting any closer together or more intense like what's expected during active labor. I'm kinda stuck inbetween normal third trimester and baby time till they either go away on their own or turn into full blown active labor since I'm now 36 weeks and dr won't do anything to stop them.
Quoting wantthatbaby46:

wantthatbaby46
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I think I'm going to start getting more active! Stairs here I come! lol ;)

Quoting Heather2001:

Yeah, BH contractions come more frequently at the end, especially when you're active or change positions.  No biggie.  =)

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:50 AM

They're just BH.

You're getting close! Good luck and congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)