Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Currently in hospital for induction-feeling discouraged :(

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:08 AM
  • 14 Replies
so im in hospital atm in process of induction due to PIH. im 39 weeks as of today and i was 1 cm dialated starting out when i came in (this thursday). since thursday, things have not progressed and still am 1 cm dialated after 2 doses of cervadil. i thought baby would be here by now and at this point im annoyed of the early contractions and no progress. has this happended to any of you? how many doses have you had of cervadil before any progress? hes simply not ready to come out :( share stories so i know im not alone
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILoveMyFam
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Cervadil did nothing for me in 2 inductions. Maybe made me a bit softer but NO change in dilation. However I do respond to pitocin and having my water broken. When I've gone in on a Friday night for ex, I'll have my babies Sat evening. GL! Hope you meet your baby soon!
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM
My induction took 51.5 hours, 22.5 of which were active labor (it took Pitocin, which I didn't get until the 25 hour mark, before my water finally broke - 4 hours after it started. Cervidil and Cytotec were useless to me). I was induced for medical reasons, but my body just didn't respond to anything. After 51.5 hours, I was at a 5 and they let me help make the call. I went with a c-section and got it over with; I was so exhausted. I don't regret it one bit. You'll get through it and that baby is so worth it! My son had a cone head still because he was trying so hard to come down naturally, but my cervix just wasn't having it.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Hang in there!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I hope they find something that works for you!

KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I've not really been induced yet. But this might make you laugh. It did me, anyway. Have you seen Pitch Perfect? Upon first glance I thought your SN was acamom (aca-mom) and it reminded me of all the aca-words.

Aca-cuse me?
Aca-awkward ...
Aca-believe it!
"I'm an Aca-boy, your an Aca-girl. And we're going to have Aca-children"

cutiepie8611
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM
I just wanted to wish you good luck...
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I've never had cervadil. My induction was Pitocin only and I was already 3cm when they started it (I had PIH as well). Things really got started after they broke my water. My labor was about 8.5 hours but that included 3 hours of pushing.

Good luck! Hope you turn a corner soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Good luck girl. I know it sucks but it sounds like your body's just not ready. Hopefully things begin to pick up. 

Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Sounds like baby is not ready to come. Why are you being induced?
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Uh... what the heck are you talking about?

Quoting KREX0914:

I've not really been induced yet. But this might make you laugh. It did me, anyway. Have you seen Pitch Perfect? Upon first glance I thought your SN was acamom (aca-mom) and it reminded me of all the aca-words.Aca-cuse me?Aca-awkward ...Aca-believe it!"I'm an Aca-boy, your an Aca-girl. And we're going to have Aca-children"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN