Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who will be with you at the birth?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM
  • 112 Replies

Who do you want as your support people in the room?  How did you choose those people?

by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband was the only one with me.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Well my husband and my mother for sure but I'm still trying to decide who to ask to be there to take pictures.
cutiepie8611
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:40 AM
My husband.
NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Only my husband. Nobody else is even allowed at the hospital until we decide we are ready for visitors. It's a very special time that my husband and I don't feel the need to share with anyone right away. And I don't want a bunch of people putting their lives on hold sitting in a room waiting on me. Both my previous labor were over 24 hours. Plus DH and I like a few hours of bonding time alone with our babies before we are passing them around.
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM

If DH and I are on speaking terms in 2-4 weeks, only he will be there. His mother wants to be there, but I've threatened to throw ice chips and various medical supplies at her if she so much as walks into the room.
If not, my aunt whom I'm living with will be with me because, well, she used to change my diapers, so it's the easier of the choices available to me.
The first time around my mother was the only one with me because ... she drove me to the hospital and just never left.

jcatt1978
by New Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
It is only going to be my husband, my mom and my best friend who she will be taking pictures. I do understand the bonding time and alone time part. My husband's family liked to have the whole family which is huge at the hospital when someone in the family has a baby, I don't like that. So we agreed that we are not having all those people there paying our baby around. I want to bond with my child for awhile first.
Maks1mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM

My husband.

lovleopards
by Elyssia on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Since im having a c section they only allow 1 person an it will be my husband. Once I'm up I will invite my mom, who will bring my daughter up. Hopefully my brothers an dad an aunt will come too
mcmlx3v
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:32 AM

My answer is exactly like this one :)  except that I don't have any previous experience, but I know I don't want relatives hanging around until I'm ready for them.

Quoting NESmith63: Only my husband. Nobody else is even allowed at the hospital until we decide we are ready for visitors. It's a very special time that my husband and I don't feel the need to share with anyone right away. And I don't want a bunch of people putting their lives on hold sitting in a room waiting on me. Both my previous labor were over 24 hours. Plus DH and I like a few hours of bonding time alone with our babies before we are passing them around.

mommyofblueyes
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM

With my first was my husband, and mom.  Second was my husband and sister.  This one will just be my husband, but I wish my sister could be there again, as she's a advocate for natural birth, breastfeeding, and great for support.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)