Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How did you announce your pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM
  • 186 Replies
2 moms liked this
I need ideas.
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illegallyblonde
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM
11 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Like this:-)
loris1209
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is how we did it!!
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Nothing fancy just posted the ultrasound picture via Facebook.  For the gender we are having a gender reveal party/get together shindig.

NatVer
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

In all honesty, I just texted a picture of the stick I peed on to everyone.

sexy_lil_momma
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Texted my family and posted the positive test of Facebook
Keda84
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:10 AM
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is ours
ZoeCY
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:15 AM

For our parents we got onesies and on my parents put "#10" and on his parents put "#2" (this will be my parents tenth grandchild and his parents second) then had out daughter give them to them. One sister was on the phone when my parents opened their so she found out then. Other siblings found out via a picture of our daughter holding a sign saying "I'm going to be a big sister" that same picture is what we put on Facebook. Anyone else that knows was because our daughter was running around telling everyone she saw! Haha 

MorriganzMommy
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM
5 moms liked this

We haven't yet, we are waiting until after we hear a heartbeat. But DH wants to do picture updates (now that he bought me a DSLR camera) of my belly growing for our family especially since many live on the other side of the country and wont be able to enjoy our pregnancy with us. But the first one, the announcement is all DH's idea. I had morning, noon, and, night sickness with my DD he wants to FB a picture of me over a toilet in the background of him taking a selfie with him giving a thumbs up then writing the words on the picture "We are expecting". Leave it to a man to make a joke out of pregnancy but I will give him this.

KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I'm due in 4 weeks and still haven't formally "announced" it.
I called my mom, who told my brothers, who told other family members.
I have no earthly idea how my boss found out. She just knew from day one, I guess.
Basically, if I don't see you on a daily basis, then you probably still have no idea that I'm pregnant. I didn't really post anything on Facebook.

Rosehawk
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I sent my husband and my dad a picture of the positive hpt. We called my MIL, and then we each posted a vague facebook status update. If you read one or the other you MIGHT have guessed, but if you read both, you knew what was going on right away.

This is our third.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)