Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnancy hormones or legit reason to be mad?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM
  • 15 Replies

My boyfriend and I have been trying to find a new apartment since we found out that I was pregnant. I am 20 weeks now. We have been about to move in 3 different times to three different places! We were supposed to move this weekend into what I thought was going to be our place. Now he is saying the apartment owner said we had to wait until next weekend because of repairs and replacements. This is the second time my boyfriend has said this is why we couldnt move in. I am getting so tired of this and just want our place and to be together since I am already halfway through my pregnancy and we dont live together and I only see him once a week if I am lucky. I feel like he is just making excuses because he is not ready to move out from living with his friends yet since this has happened THREE times! Is it just me or do I have a legit reason to be upset?????

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mkjordan307
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Is there any way you can contact the apartment and see if he is just bsing you or if he is for real? I would be upset as well if my so was trying to lie about it. It would be much easier on you both for him to just be honest with his feelings

lady_katie
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM
My husband was a little hesitant to move in with me at first, and this was a month before our wedding!! Needless to say, I was freaked out and angry. I think he was just afraid of change in general because once he did move in everything was fine and that was nearly 4 years ago at this point. I think that guys can get like that sometimes.
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM
4 moms liked this
I would be contacting the place myself just to verify his excuse (since he used it more than once) before I decide if I'm going to be legit mad at him or if it's just pregnancy hormones making me angry at the situation in general (or both). It does seem odd that it's happened 3 times at 3 different places.
lauren.m
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:29 AM
I would call the rental place myself and ask what all needed repaired and to confirm you can move in next weekend. If they have no clue what you are talking about then get mad.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd contact the place myself because it sounds like your BF might be giving you a run around. 

srm8824
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:53 PM
IF he's really lying then you have every right to be mad.
N_maricle
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:39 AM

It's legit, especially if he is lying. You should talk to the apartment management yourself to get to the bottom of it.

Justine1993
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:42 AM
This exactly

Quoting N_maricle:

It's legit, especially if he is lying. You should talk to the apartment management yourself to get to the bottom of it.

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:19 AM
I agree, is be mad! Even if I weren't pregnant! I would deff call the apartment owner and find out for myself!
Valentina327
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Surprise pregnancy?

Sounds like he isn't ready.

If he's not I wouldn't get angry about it either. If you force a guy to do something he doesn't want to, you'll have a lot of heartache for yourself. He might move in but he'll be miserable.

Has he ever expressed that is what he wants or has this been all you orchestrating it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)