Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How is this going to work?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:49 PM
  • 19 Replies

Here's the deal. I live in Hawaii, currently living with family in a seperated Ohana (cottage) because rent here is RIDICULOUS. We're talking $1300.00 - $1400.00 for a 1 bedroom apartment, and that's on the lower end. I am pregnant again, as a result of a bad judgment call with my son's father (I just always want to give him the benefit of the doubt... damn it), and will be doing most of this on my own... at least financially. I make about $2300.00/month, so after bills I figure that I can afford about $1000.00 a month towards rent. This puts me in a less than ideal situation bc the only apartments in that price range are studios.

My point for posting this is I am wondering if any of you mamas have made a studio appartment work with 2 babies under 3 (my son will have just turned 2 when this baby is born)? My main concern is sleep patterns. What are your experiences?

Also, I know there are some people out there who are going to want to start something (from past experiences), so before we get off on any tangent about why I would sleep with him again, why I don't just pack up my kids and move to a different state that I can afford, or things of that nature, I am just going to say this: No one is perfect. I have no right to judge you or the decisions that you make (nor would I) and the same goes for you. What works perfectly fine for one person may not work for someone else. What's right in your eyes, may not be right in mine (and vice versa). I work hard to support my son, and I will do the same for this baby. 

Sorry, I've just had one too many bad experiences with negative people! Anyhow, lemme hear your stories/ideas/suggestions!

happy

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You can make anything work if you want to.  My DD just turned 2 when my son was born and our house was TINY and we made it work.  Heck, we had a 3rd baby before we moved out of that place....and they shared a room.  I wish you all the best!  =)

HolliBerry21
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:35 PM
My husbands aunt has a 3 bedroom house and 6 kids... She told me you just find a way.
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM
We live in a two bedroom house, one bathroom, and BARELY 1000sq ft. We will eventually move but right now it is what it is. We will make it work :)
lillettemomma
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been living in a hotel with 2 toddlers for the past 8 months...... anything can be made to work.....biggest thing is organization.....
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM
I hope you figure it out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VicVinegar
by Keila on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:24 AM

When I first separated from my ex and the father of my two kids I had to move into my mom's 1 bedroom apartment. So it was me my 2yr old and my newborn all sharing a room. In all honesty it really wasn't that bad. We made it work!

CutieCrab
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:38 PM

It could work....  Not as a long long term thing though.

Carolynishappy
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I've never lived in a studio apartment, but maybe you can find some sort of dividers so you can sorta seperate an area, say like a corner for the kids to sleep or something. Would having a roommate be an option for you? That way you could get a bigger place.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

CafeMom Tickers

TianaH808
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM

That's comforting! I'm totally not worried about the "not enough room" part, just the "tiny guy is crying in the middle of the night, don't wake big brother up" part. haha :)

Quoting VicVinegar:

When I first separated from my ex and the father of my two kids I had to move into my mom's 1 bedroom apartment. So it was me my 2yr old and my newborn all sharing a room. In all honesty it really wasn't that bad. We made it work!

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I have no idea Mama. I can't imagine living in such an expensive area. I wish you luck, and congrats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN