Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: I m 6weeks and I m panicking as a friend...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:24 AM
  • 18 Replies
I'm 6weeks and I'm panicking as a
friend eye lighted to me I might be
carry twins I have a son 6yrs and I've
had two miscarriages and both my
grandmother had fraternal twins and
my dad is part of a fraternal twin, on
my mom side there are a few sets of
twins. What are my chances of having
twins
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmom71
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Well at least you have a little helper on your side.

Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Everyone has a chance to carry twins but ur odds are way high then most hope this helps
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Seems like higher chances, you'll have to wait until your ultrasound to confirm
.. I think twins would be kind of exciting yet stressful! Part of me has been wanting twins and I have no idea why! DHs aunt swears its my husbands turn for twins and that we will have them she said they are in the family but I'm not sure about that idea. Lol DH says were having twin boys, I thought it was the oddest thing for him to say twins..I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks!
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this
The only genetic link to twins is possible hyperovulation from your side. Your hubby's family history with twins doesn't make a difference. Its a possibility for anyone to have twins. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM
This

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: The only genetic link to twins is possible hyperovulation from your side. Your hubby's family history with twins doesn't make a difference. Its a possibility for anyone to have twins. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Your husband's family history doesn't impact the chances of twins. For fraternal, mom would have to release 2 eggs. Identical are just a random occurrence.

Quoting PeppyInPink: Seems like higher chances, you'll have to wait until your ultrasound to confirm
.. I think twins would be kind of exciting yet stressful! Part of me has been wanting twins and I have no idea why! DHs aunt swears its my husbands turn for twins and that we will have them she said they are in the family but I'm not sure about that idea. Lol DH says were having twin boys, I thought it was the oddest thing for him to say twins..I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahtbkh
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:51 AM

My dad was a twin, so was my uncle and my husbands uncles. We have 6 singletons. 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:57 AM

As good as I do. Twins run in my family and I have yet to have one.

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Thatcexactlyvwhat I told her. And tgat She's crazy!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: Your husband's family history doesn't impact the chances of twins. For fraternal, mom would have to release 2 eggs. Identical are just a random occurrence.

Quoting PeppyInPink: Seems like higher chances, you'll have to wait until your ultrasound to confirm
donnafaye
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I think it depends more if twins were on the male side of the family. If the father had the same family ties to twins as you do then that would definately increase your chances. Twins ran on both sides of the family for me and my husband and we didn't have twins so it is random at best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)