Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mentally losing it?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm 22 weeks pregnant I'm single cuz my ex couldn't grow up and I'm having a hard time getting over that...and my family all they do is say mean things and being him up then I cry cuz I'm so emotional I can't control it and I feel like they do it on purpose but they say I'm not nice I know I'm not but they don't understand what I'm going through I feel like I'm a failure and i try so hard to stay strong but they knock me down my 15 brother said u have no friends and he said I said that to piss u off and laughed I take everything serious now does anyone else know what I'm going through?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Heather2001
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:34 AM

It's just hormones that are making your moods more pronounced.  Sounds like it would be good to distance yourself from your family a bit - maybe hang out with some friends or get out of the house more?  Good luck!

TianaH808
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:55 AM
I went, and am going through the same thing... Kind of. My son's (and this baby's) dad can't seem to get his shit together either. He has bouts of motivation here and there, which lead me to believe things could turn around (hence the second baby haha), but he never fails to let me down.

My mom basically picks up the slack, and she hates him for it... Literally hates him. She says hurtful things to me bc she's mad at him, and my stupid decision to sleep with him again, but I have to bite my tongue bc I know that she's right. Not only is she right, but she takes care of my son more than he does. I understand why she gets so angry, but I know what you mean about it being hard. You're so emotional when you're pregnant, so it's hard to not let it get to you.

She's been worse this time around, obviously bc I was dumb enough to make the mistake of trusting that he would get things together this time. It's hard though, bc as much as I want to shut him out of my life, I can't bc when both my mom and myself need someone to watch my son (last resort) he does. Of course, he has to come to OUR house, and he doesn't have a car so we usually pick him up, but the fact is if he wasn't around as a "last option", we'd be screwed.

It's kind of a catch 22. I get through it all knowing that my children will always have me, and I will always do whatever needs to be done for them. Try to ignore their negative responses & make this pregnancy as positive. You won't be able to get it back, so do what I didn't & love every minute of it... whether or not people are being negative! :)
Lovergirl1369
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Thank u ladies this helps a lot :)
samsanders
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Hormones will magnify those emotions you're feeling. I'd definitely by hang around your family again until you feel more emotionally stable again. Sorry hon :-/
funhappymom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Hang in there. Hormones play a huge part in how we feel when we are pregnant. Learning how to deal with them is beneficial. Good luck!

Lovergirl1369
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Thank u it's crazy how emotional we r lol
nurse1997
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Why again did u get pregnant ? People don't make any sense babies are not accidents especially with the morning after pill !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)