Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Plan in the making...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM
  • 4 Replies
Sooo I have been told to write a birth plan a lot during my pregnancy and now that I am 31 weeks I am starting to think of the things I want on there. Is there anything that you experienced moms out there advise or recommend while creating a birth plan? What would you change on yours or do differently? Any helpful tips? ;-)

I am a ftm btw♡ so this is all new to me.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bump2b
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:45 AM
I'm currently pregnant with my third and it took having two babies to really know what worked for me & what didn't. Trouble is every labour is different so I'm going in there with a very simple plan. It basically consists of, no pain relief, bath or shower during labour, allowed to be active & walking in labour if I feel the need, no IV or cervical checks, dim light, calm whisper voices, and definitely not pushing on my back! All my OB is more than happy to comply with. My first two I just winged it, only had very little gas as pain relief with my first that I used for half an hour & no pain relied with my second. They weren't terrible births at all but I feel I wasn't as in control as I could be. I did panic a bit & ended up hyperventilating with both, would like to remain calm throughout this time... Guess only time will tell!! Best of luck, go in there with an open mind and the best advice I was given was from an old friend was to "leave your dignity at the door, but make sure you pick it back up on your way out"
HolliBerry21
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM
The only thing I knew for my first is I wanted her cleaned off before she was put on my stomach but that changed when she was born lol. I just went with the flow and it worked well with me. I totally trust my midwife.

This time around I might make sure to tell them I don't want the vacuum or anything. Luckily I didn't need any assistance last time. It was a very easy experience.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:15 AM
I've never had a birth plan. My only must is an epidural. My doc has taken various notes thru my pg on whether I plan to bf, etc. otherwise, we just make decisions as things come during l&d. I have certain expectations based on my last 2 deliveries but, other than the meds, I'm open to whatever has to happen for healthy baby and mommy. My last one, for example, was a GD baby and was born with really low blood sugar. She needed formula right away so hubby was able to give her the first feeding.

Oh, I forgot, the other thing I'm set on for this one is that my hubby is the one to announce gender. We've known with the other 2 but since we've kept this one a surprise, its his moment to share that with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM

It depends on what you want out of your birthing experience. 

When you imagine your ideal birth, what comes to mind?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)