Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm have so many questions

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

This is my first baby I'm 20 weeks pregnant i just found out last week that I was I thought I was for a long time but I couldn't get an ultrasound till last week so now I have questions like I know I want to breastfeed but which pump to get and what type of bottles .... did any of you freeze your milk? What diapers are best, I wanted to try cloth diapers but the stuff I've read just makes my head hurt it seems so complicated and alot of washing. And far as clothes should is their a particular size I should get or months ahead the pictures is my 20 weeks pictures I had to screen shot them from my fb Cuz my phone erased them I think that all the questions I have I've already pick ed out colors and what we are doing for the nursery
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KME3
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I get the bottles with the drop in liners. I have always used disposable diapers. Mainly huggies. I'm not sure on the breast pump, I have to look in to that for myself too. I never froze my milk. They grow out of clothes quickly so I wouldn't buy too much in one size.
Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

With breastfeeding, it's best to not pump until your baby is six weeks old. It takes six weeks for your milk supply to fully establish itself because the baby goes through rapid growth spurts. umping is hard, tedious work and you have to keep a very regular schedule to be able to pump and breastfeed successfully. If you want to breastfeed, it's best to just put baby to the breast any and every time they need to eat. Those first 6 weeks are hard to adjust to, but if you stick it out and ask for help, you should be able to do it. Don't worry about not having enough milk either- it's supply and demand. The ONLY way to know if baby is getting enough is their diaper count (wet and poopy diapers). 

The "best" type of cloth diapers is really relative to what works for you and baby. I absolutely love SUnbaby cloth pocket diapers for young babies, but hybrid fitteds for the toddler stages. As far as disposables go, Pampers work best for my 6 month old. Huggies worked best for my oldest. My middle child was severely allergic to Walmart and Target brand diapers as well as Luvs. We ended up keeping her in Huggies and cloth diapers. She's almost 2.5 and potty training right now. 

As far as clothes go, it's difficult to tell. My oldest was 9lbs5oz and went straight to 0-3 and 3mo size clothes and size 1 diapers. My second was 9lbs3oz and was in newborn clothes and newborn diapers for 2-3 weeks after birth. My youngest was 10lbs4.5oz and could only wear size 1s and 3mo when she was born. My suggestion would be to get some pajamas/sleepers in newborn, 0-3, and 3months. Getting outfits in those sizes is kind of a waste since they grow out of them so fast. (And to be honest, pajamas on newborn babies are so easy.. i'm all about going the easy route.) 

addied1
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Lol thanks that very informative I will take both of what u said into account I'm excited but nervous about this baby but I'm happy overall I just need to stay organized and stay focused and not get to overwhelmed
samsanders
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a medela pump. The Tommee tippee bottles; the are nipple like. We use cloth and all it is, is an extra load of laundry every couple days... Not bad at all. You'll want newborn and 0-3 month clothes for sure to start off with. Those will be good for the first couple months.

Good luck :) if you have any other questions feel free to PM me or ask here. I just had my first so it's fresh in my head!
addied1
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM
How much did your pump cost? Or should I get a barely use one and replace the tube? I'm all about saving n I've read only a Lil bit on cloth n they make my head hurt so Idk maybe we will try it the when the baby is 5 months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)