Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping on your back?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
Does anyone have any advice they can give me about sleeping on your back? I know its really bad for the baby n i want to try to stop before my belly gets bigger. I feel like i have to sleep on my back cause of my back problems but idk how to stop myself from turning over while i sleep. Any tips would be much good thanks.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsErdos2011
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM
I prop myself up with pillows so I'm not completely on my back.
kajira
by Emma on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

i automatically roll over in my sleep on my back too. i keep a pillow between my knees and try to keep pillows lodged behind my back so i'm angled and not flat on my back.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Mar. 30, 2014 at 1:52 PM

It's only bad for the baby if it's uncomfortable or painful for YOU. If you're comfortable that way, it's not doing any harm to the baby whatsoever. 

Larsbug
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I was always told you shouldn't be 100% of your back but even the slight elevation of a folded dish towel under your left side is all you need... that may have changed by now.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Me too

Quoting MrsErdos2011: I prop myself up with pillows so I'm not completely on my back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I slept on my back pretty far into my pregnancy. Your body will tell you to move if you need to. Eventually, it got too uncomfortable for me, which is a sign to stop doing it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)