Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Portland, OR - Affordable Daycare?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm looking into daycare in the Portland, OR area. I'm thinking of moving there after baby #2 is born bc the cost of living is much cheaper than Hawaii. One of my best friends lives in Portland, and so I'm kind of playing with the idea. I've been looking into different daycares & I'm finding that for 1 kid it costs about $1200/month, full time!

I can't afford that! I'm wondering if you ladies have dealt with this, and if there is assistance for single parents? I've just never done this before! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Portland is cheaper than Hawaii for sure. But it is still pretty darn spendy. There are a lot of towns outside of Portland and towns throughout Oregon that are much more affordable. I'm a life long Oregonian so if you have any questions, let me know. 

TianaH808
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I was actually looking in the wilsonville area. That's where my friend lives. She used to live in Hawaii, and said that in comparison it's much cheaper. I'm still playing around with it though! Thanks for the offer!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Portland is cheaper than Hawaii for sure. But it is still pretty darn spendy. There are a lot of towns outside of Portland and towns throughout Oregon that are much more affordable. I'm a life long Oregonian so if you have any questions, let me know. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)