Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby shower??

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:32 AM
  • 37 Replies
When should I plan my baby shower? Im currently 5 months and i really want one now but i think its a bit soon. When is the right time to have one?Should I wait another two months? Or should I wait til its closer to my due date?
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

You shouldn't plan your own baby shower.  A shower is a gift that someone gives you.  It's super tacky to plan your own.  "Hey everyone!  I got knocked up!  Now come give me things and pay for my baby." 

JustFox
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:36 AM
I ended up having to basically plan my own. My friend was supposed to throw it but she was getting .arrived not long before and totally blew it off. It was pretty bad. I had mine in Sept baby was born in nov
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I'd plan the Shower for about 7 months. My MIL is planning mine a little earlier because I'm having twins. Good luck :)
TiffanyJanelle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Lol I know my oldet sister's are planning it but they keep asking me when I want to have it and im not sure when I want it to happen

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

You shouldn't plan your own baby shower.  A shower is a gift that someone gives you.  It's super tacky to plan your own.  "Hey everyone!  I got knocked up!  Now come give me things and pay for my baby." 

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:41 AM
My shower was when I was 6mo along as I was flying from state to state & didn't want to fly too late into my pregnancy bc I was convinced I might have had him early. I felt like it gave me planning time also as what I'd need after but many have them at 7mo

You should give at least 4 weeks after people get invited anyway so they can plan and get off work
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:44 AM
5 moms liked this
Don't listen to the first idiot , I think it's tacky for her to speak to you like that imo, but it's just that an opinion just like the woman and I'm sure other woman who will say don't throw your own shower it's just their opinion. Now to answer your question, I think you should throw it when you feel comfortable now in my opinion wouldn't be to soon because babies come when they want , with my first my baby shower was about 2weeks before my due date because he was born a month after the holidays we wanted to give people time to relax from the holidays , with this one I just had my shower on Saturday at 33wks a month before my due date because we have so much going on close to my due date , and the bigger I get the more I don't even want to move I still wanted to be able to enjoy my baby shower and not have to be bigger and miserable.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:45 AM

In that case, around 6-7 months is the best time.  You're still feeling pretty good and not overly exhausted like in months 8-9.  Plus, you are far enough along that you are showing.

Mine was early--around 28 weeks--but that was when my SIL was able to do it. 

Quoting TiffanyJanelle: Lol I know my oldet sister's are planning it but they keep asking me when I want to have it and im not sure when I want it to happen
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, so now being polite and using proper ettiquette is being "an idiot."  smh

Quoting cheetah90210: Don't listen to the first idiot , I think it's tacky for her to speak to you like that imo, but it's just that an opinion just like the woman and I'm sure other woman who will say don't throw your own shower it's just their opinion. Now to answer your question, I think you should throw it when you feel comfortable now in my opinion wouldn't be to soon because babies come when they want , with my first my baby shower was about 2weeks before my due date because he was born a month after the holidays we wanted to give people time to relax from the holidays , with this one I just had my shower on Saturday at 33wks a month before my due date because we have so much going on close to my due date , and the bigger I get the more I don't even want to move I still wanted to be able to enjoy my baby shower and not have to be bigger and miserable.

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Leave me alone I was speaking to OP, I don't care to hear you're opinion on how a baby shower should be thrown we clearly do not agree and won't.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Wow, so now being polite and using proper ettiquette is being "an idiot."  smh

Quoting cheetah90210: Don't listen to the first idiot , I think it's tacky for her to speak to you like that imo, but it's just that an opinion just like the woman and I'm sure other woman who will say don't throw your own shower it's just their opinion. Now to answer your question, I think you should throw it when you feel comfortable now in my opinion wouldn't be to soon because babies come when they want , with my first my baby shower was about 2weeks before my due date because he was born a month after the holidays we wanted to give people time to relax from the holidays , with this one I just had my shower on Saturday at 33wks a month before my due date because we have so much going on close to my due date , and the bigger I get the more I don't even want to move I still wanted to be able to enjoy my baby shower and not have to be bigger and miserable.

cutiepie8611
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my at 37 weeks but it up to you or who ever is planning it. Have fun and congrats :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)