Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Diclegis... I

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have had TERRIBLE ms since I found out I was pregnant. I've lost over 10 lbs and my dr is none too happy with that. So she put me on zofran 4mg. Didn't even touch the ms. So she upped it to 8mg. It settled it for a bit but not nearly long enough. So now she wants me on diclegis. I've read tons of factual stuff about it but I want to know if it really works. I am to start it tonight before bed, however I am terrified to not take the zofran because I've been on it continuously for about 3-4 weeks now and my ms is so bad while still on it I don't know how I'll be when not taking it. Also I've read that the diclegis takes 2-3 days to kick in. What do I do during those days? I can't not work, however I work with the public and let's just be honest people smell. And smells set my pregnant self off... Idk what to do!! I want something that will work but I am terrified of that 3 day waiting period... 

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I've tried that. Didn't work for me. I gave it 3 weeks... I didn't notice a difference!
Gilli13
by Kara on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Was there anything that you did try that worked? 

Quoting RADmomma: I've tried that. Didn't work for me. I gave it 3 weeks... I didn't notice a difference!

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Nope!! I'm 10 weeks now & down almost 12 lbs!!

I feel ya momma!!!

Quoting Gilli13:

Quoting RADmomma: I've tried that. Didn't work for me. I gave it 3 weeks... I didn't notice a difference!

Gilli13
by Kara on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Good luck!! If this doesn't work I'll just have to struggle through it. Lol.

Quoting RADmomma: Nope!! I'm 10 weeks now & down almost 12 lbs!!

I feel ya momma!!!

Quoting Gilli13:

ManicVetTech
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

How often did your doc have you taking Zofran? I had to be put on it three times a day during the first trimester. 

Now, I am still taking it once daily. And I am 6 months. 

Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Just a thought to help with the people smell. Try peppermint oil rubbed under your nose. It's a strong smell and helps cover up a lot!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I hope you figure it out!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySchropp
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Ugh, sorry you're going through this too. Sucks that you have to fight through it and go to work too. I need to realize how fortunate I am to be able to stay home through this crap. I'm 16 weeks and still take Zofran 4mg twice a day. I'm still gagging and nauseous morning and night. I haven't really found anything that works...and I've tried A LOT!! Phenergan, crackers before getting out of bed, ginger ale, ginger gum by Seabands, Seabands, Preggie Pop Drops...pretty much everything. It has eased up a little as I get further along, but it's definitely still there. I'm down 15 lbs but have a lot to lose so dr. isn't too worried. Sorry I was no help :(

baby development

Gilli13
by Kara on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I was on 8mgs 3 times a day and it wasn't even touching it. :/

Quoting ManicVetTech:

How often did your doc have you taking Zofran? I had to be put on it three times a day during the first trimester. 

Now, I am still taking it once daily. And I am 6 months. 

ILoveMyFam
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I'm surprised they're still prescribing zofran.

http://www.fertilitycenter.com/fertility_cares_blog/fda-warns-against-zofran-use-in-pregnancy/

No advice but I hope you feel better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)