Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Push present

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM
  • 17 Replies
What is this and who does this?

We know of one couple on base that does this but I'm not sure exactly what it is.
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutiepie8611
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My push present is holding my new baby, but I think you get a gift after pushing baby out but I'm not sure.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Your husband gives you a present after you have the baby could be anything diamonds, foot rub, nail day, purse ,flowers ,Whatever .
Keda84
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM
It's a gift you get after having the baby usually your SO gives it to you.
MomTo2SillyBoys
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Hmmmm what would I like? Him to clan the house while I'm in the hospital. Ha
krn210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister in law got a ring with the babies birthstone in it. My husband and I haven't done anything like that. Baby is enough of a present for me.
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM

a push present is a present to mama for giving birth... my would be slice presents since I had c-sections and if we did this I'd still be waiting for both of mine LOL

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM

It's basically just a present from dad to mom as a "thanks for growing and delivering a beautiful baby for us to love". 

We don't make a big deal of it but my hubby has always gotten me something.  I didn't expect it with my first, he totally surprised me.  I got a loose stone on our honeymoon and he had it mounted and put on a chain for me. 

Our 2nd one, he got me a locket. 

For this baby, I've asked for a birthstone necklace to represent all 3 kids.  I'm due 5/4 and 5/30 is our 10 year anniversary so this would also be an anniversary present.

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM
My dh loves any reason to get me gifts. He had our kitchen redone the two days I was in the hospital after our first Ds was born. Nothing major, new tile and appliances.

Not sure what I'll get from this one. I'd be happy with a foot rub lol
TianaH808
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I had no idea that it was (normally) specific to your SO. I'm a single momma. My mom & aunt were in the delivery room with me and suprised me with push gifts. It's probably just my prego emotions, but reading that it is normally a gift from your SO as a "thanks for growing this baby for us to love", made me get so emotional. My mom and aunt did that for me, and it was very special. I still have both items.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I don't get a "push" present when they are born... but a few weeks later I do get to pick out a birth stone ring :) 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)