Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Glucose Test

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 25 Replies
Well I chugged the glucose crap...I hate it. Now I'm stuck sitting here for an hour bored. How is everyone? What are you all up to today?
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

doing okay - woke up with my hand in extreme pain and kind of swollen. I have to do the glucose type test too, but luckily, mine's a fasting one, then an after normal lunch one at the end of the month. LOL 

krn210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Sorry about your hand. Mine hurt Sunday now that you mention it. It went away fairly quickly luckily, it wasn't swollen though. I hope that yours goes away quickly! Ugh...rub it in. Lol. They used to let you drink the nasty stuff then see the doctor in between. Now they make you sit in the lab for the entire hour and then you see the doc. How boring. Lol.

Quoting kajira:

doing okay - woke up with my hand in extreme pain and kind of swollen. I have to do the glucose type test too, but luckily, mine's a fasting one, then an after normal lunch one at the end of the month. LOL 

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM

haha, well luckily for me, I don't have to drink the juice stuff... (shudders) I refuse, so my doctors compromise with me on testing sugar levels with out the drink. I dont' drink or eat a lot of unhealthy foods, so giving me something mybodies not used too is not an accurate example of my pregnancy diet.

i've been remodeling my house and putting together my son's desk and chair last night just did my hand in. I've got an ice pack sitting on it atm.

Quoting krn210: Sorry about your hand. Mine hurt Sunday now that you mention it. It went away fairly quickly luckily, it wasn't swollen though. I hope that yours goes away quickly! Ugh...rub it in. Lol. They used to let you drink the nasty stuff then see the doctor in between. Now they make you sit in the lab for the entire hour and then you see the doc. How boring. Lol.
Quoting kajira:

sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Soo trying to figure out student loan crap. I would rather drink the gross drink at this point of today lol!!

krn210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I never thought to refuse. Too late now. Lol.

How is the remodeling going? Almost done?

Quoting kajira:

haha, well luckily for me, I don't have to drink the juice stuff... (shudders) I refuse, so my doctors compromise with me on testing sugar levels with out the drink. I dont' drink or eat a lot of unhealthy foods, so giving me something mybodies not used too is not an accurate example of my pregnancy diet.

i've been remodeling my house and putting together my son's desk and chair last night just did my hand in. I've got an ice pack sitting on it atm.

Quoting krn210: Sorry about your hand. Mine hurt Sunday now that you mention it. It went away fairly quickly luckily, it wasn't swollen though. I hope that yours goes away quickly! Ugh...rub it in. Lol. They used to let you drink the nasty stuff then see the doctor in between. Now they make you sit in the lab for the entire hour and then you see the doc. How boring. Lol.

Quoting kajira:

krn210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Lol! Sorry, I wouldn't want to have to do that either.

Quoting sarahtbkh:

Soo trying to figure out student loan crap. I would rather drink the gross drink at this point of today lol!!

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM

almost done, at the tail end of everything, the molding unpacking, hanging shelves and making book cases, etc.

Quoting krn210: I never thought to refuse. Too late now. Lol. How is the remodeling going? Almost done?
Quoting kajira:

Quoting kajira:

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:00 PM
I hated that test with my first and not looking forward to it with this one. Good luck hope you do well
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
baby development
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM
I forget, whens this test. I can't remember how many weeks.
krn210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM
They do it at 28 weeks at my doctors office. It is recommended between 24 to 28 weeks.

Quoting Just-looney: I forget, whens this test. I can't remember how many weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)