Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Were you induced?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 61 Replies
I'm being induced Monday due to Gestational Diabetes and the baby's size. I'm terrified and this is my first.

Can you share your experiences to help ease my anxiety? Thank you!
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:43 PM

my experience would not ease any anxiety.just make you terrified so...good luck!

Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I have been induced twice and both times went great. I went in they started potocin then the doc broke my water. The first time I got an epi shortly after that and the second time I didn't get any pain meds. If you aren't dilated its more complicated but I'm no help with all that. Good luck to you!!!
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I'm 3cm and 80% effaced.

Quoting Brandibee_5: I have been induced twice and both times went great. I went in they started potocin then the doc broke my water. The first time I got an epi shortly after that and the second time I didn't get any pain meds. If you aren't dilated its more complicated but I'm no help with all that. Good luck to you!!!
toopicky429
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Both my experiences were almost identical to this, and my second baby shot out like a rocket, lol. It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone told me it would be. Good luck!

Quoting Brandibee_5: I have been induced twice and both times went great. I went in they started potocin then the doc broke my water. The first time I got an epi shortly after that and the second time I didn't get any pain meds. If you aren't dilated its more complicated but I'm no help with all that. Good luck to you!!!
Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Then it should go easy for you.
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I was with my first. I was in duced at 8:30am and had her at 3:45 pm. It was a pretty good labor. I recommend an epidural if they brake your water. I waited after they did and the pain went up a lot quickly. No need to worry, it'll be ok :)
Bump2b
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:51 PM
My first was a full induction, no pain relief (except for a I tried the gas... It didn't work) and the whole labour was less painful than my second natural labour. The only thing I can say is that labour usually starts quite full on with very little easing into it, I have no real helpful advice as every labour is different & everyone reacts to labour differently, but good luck! You'll be fine and there is always pain relief if you need it!
Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:52 PM
My second one did too lol. doc only got one glove on and no time for epi. I really didn't need one anyway.

Quoting toopicky429: Both my experiences were almost identical to this, and my second baby shot out like a rocket, lol. It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone told me it would be. Good luck!

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I was induced with baby 2. Although it's something I never would do again unless medically necessary, it wasn't much worse than spontaneous labour either.
toopicky429
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:55 PM
That's what happened to me. My doctor almost missed it. He broke my water, walked out of the room, and less than 10 minutes later my son was greeting the world. I was 3 cm when I went in to be induced with him so I think that's what hurried things along. It was too fast for an epidural, but ended up being a much better experience than the first (and my first wasn't a bad experience).

Quoting Brandibee_5: My second one did too lol. doc only got one glove on and no time for epi. I really didn't need one anyway.

Quoting toopicky429: Both my experiences were almost identical to this, and my second baby shot out like a rocket, lol. It wasn't nearly as bad as everyone told me it would be. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN