Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

This Situation

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:54 PM
  • 96 Replies

I do not know how to really make an title to fit my posts.. The other day I posted about my mother threatening. This time, she wants me to take an abortion pill or have an surgical abortion. She said there is no way I can complete Highschool with an kid in my stomach. I really would like to have the baby. But, another is, my stepdad said if I'm having the baby, he wants me to pack my stuff and leave. This isn't an very optional situation. I cannot live with my boyfriend. They are going to send him to prison....

this is so stressing.

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KME3
by Kristin on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:04 PM
How old are you?
JasRenee
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I'm 16 turning 17

sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM
14 moms liked this

I was 15 when I got pregnant with my daughter. The father was not able to be of any support. If you are serious about keeping this baby and have no support, could you reach out to grandparents? Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? Your going to need support. It's going to be hard. Eventually your parents may come around, but if your mother is saying she wants you to have an abortion I think you should have other options. I ended up having to live with my grandparents...best thing that ever happened to me and my daughter. I hope things work out for you...you've got a long hard road ahead.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Great advice!

Quoting sarahtbkh:

I was 15 when I got pregnant with my daughter. The father was not able to be of any support. If you are serious about keeping this baby and have no support, could you reach out to grandparents? Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? Your going to need support. It's going to be hard. Eventually your parents may come around, but if your mother is saying she wants you to have an abortion I think you should have other options. I ended up having to live with my grandparents...best thing that ever happened to me and my daughter. I hope things work out for you...you've got a long hard rode ahead.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshleyMommi
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:31 PM
37 moms liked this
You need to go to the courthouse and fill out papers to be emancipated. Tomorrow. This will give you the legal rights of an adult and enable you to live on your own.

Then you need to sign up for public housing, make sure you point out that you're homeless and pregnant.

Then go to the DHS office and sign up for Medicaid and good stamps.

If you want your baby then you need to get this things done tomorrow. You can get through this. Welfare is there for this reason. Graduate highschool and get yourself off of the system and make a life for you and your baby.

Good luck. You can pm me if you want to talk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Great advice! And I know in most states you can go and file for public assistance before you are emancipated so that You are able to atleast get the ball rolling while you wait for paper work. 

Quoting AshleyMommi: You need to go to the courthouse and fill out papers to be emancipated. Tomorrow. This will give you the legal rights of an adult and enable you to live on your own. Then you need to sign up for public housing, make sure you point out that you're homeless and pregnant. Then go to the DHS office and sign up for Medicaid and good stamps. If you want your baby then you need to get this things done tomorrow. You can get through this. Welfare is there for this reason. Graduate highschool and get yourself off of the system and make a life for you and your baby. Good luck. You can pm me if you want to talk.

dritchie
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:36 AM
3 moms liked this
If you want the baby don't let someone even your mom make a decision for you that you have to live with forever! You have the right to keep your baby! You don't wanna regret your decision if someone forces you into do something you don't want to. I'd do what the other people said. You can get help from the state and should.
wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM
You gotta do what you think is best for you and your baby. I'd suggest reaching out to other relatives first and if no one will help you out then file for emancipation ASAP and apply for medicade and food stamps to help out till you finisg school and can build a better life for you and your child. Assistance programs are there for a reason! Good luck
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Great Advice! Good Luck, I wish you the best!

Quoting AshleyMommi: You need to go to the courthouse and fill out papers to be emancipated. Tomorrow. This will give you the legal rights of an adult and enable you to live on your own.

Then you need to sign up for public housing, make sure you point out that you're homeless and pregnant.

Then go to the DHS office and sign up for Medicaid and good stamps.

If you want your baby then you need to get this things done tomorrow. You can get through this. Welfare is there for this reason. Graduate highschool and get yourself off of the system and make a life for you and your baby.

Good luck. You can pm me if you want to talk.
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM
There are a lot of great things on here. I say combine them all and go get things done.
This is your body & you do have options! Many places will help young mothers "earn while they learn" also. Which you take pregnancy/parenting classes or such & in reward you receive free baby items. That could also be helpful to you.

Quoting sarahtbkh:

I was 15 when I got pregnant with my daughter. The father was not able to be of any support. If you are serious about keeping this baby and have no support, could you reach out to grandparents? Aunts? Uncles? Cousins? Your going to need support. It's going to be hard. Eventually your parents may come around, but if your mother is saying she wants you to have an abortion I think you should have other options. I ended up having to live with my grandparents...best thing that ever happened to me and my daughter. I hope things work out for you...you've got a long hard road ahead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)