Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16, Possibly Pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant, and I'm so scared. I'm sixteen, almost seventeen. I have no idea what to dooo! Tomorrow morning, I'm going to a free clinic to get a pregnancy test done. It's the only place that would do one for free, without my parents present. I'm praying so hard that it will come back negative. I love babies, and I want one-SOMEDAY. But not today!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IslandGirl1013
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:53 AM
What will you do if it's positive? Were you using protection?
wiccanlove92
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Good luck! Even if its positive everything will work out how its meant to and for the best. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and were never given more than we can handle although I do sometimes think someone has more faith in my inner strength than I do.
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:57 AM
I hope everything turns out how you want it to! I had my first at 16 & my second at 18. I am now married and we are having our first together and let me tell you it is a lot easier when you are stable and ready. Good luck!
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM
FX that ur not. But if you are things will work out, life has a funny way of surprising us.
PeppyInPink
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Good luck. You have many options, you could always do adoption if you're not ready. There are even open adoptions too. Not that you can't raise a baby but I'm just saying you have options & it'll be ok! ;)
I'm sure this is scaring you into being very careful in the future. I know I would be a hot mess at 16 too. Hugs & good luck.
srm8824
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I hope it all works out for you. If you're pregnant then you just have to deal with it however you decide. If you're not then make sure this doesn't happen again.

hbritton
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my first at 17.
It's hard but not impossible. Get the test, TELL YOUR PARENTS.

See what your options are for school (some schools offer night classes that are make it faster to graduate). If you need to get a job and SAVE.

The biggest thing is planning. If you're pregnant, you don't get to be a "teenage" anymore. You have be an adult.
Smoore922
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I had my son at 17, not easy my any means, but not the end of the world. I believe everything happens for a reason, and he is one of my biggest blessings. I graduated high school (he was there) and went on to marry his dad (Big mistake) I had my daughter a couple years later (Another blessing) and then shortly after divorced their dad.

I am now married to my best friend and soulmate and we are expecting our first baby together.. Things are still tough, we are looking for a house, worried about money, raising another baby... But things are definitley less stressful when you are older and more stable.  

Either way your test turns out I wish you the best and hope you can find the positive in this situation, even if just a lesson learned... Good luck :)

chickensmommy
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully it's negative and you can start using more reliable birth control.
MorriganzMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I think you should get the test, then if you find a positive then please tell your parents, discuss all the options and find what is best for you.

If you decide to keep the baby, please don't make the common mistake young teen parents make which is signing over parental rights to your parents or anyone else for that matter. It happens far too often and you will not be able to get your child back no matter what anyone promises you unless its in writting that guardianship ends when you are 18 or on a date that you can agree on. If this is what you do then you need to have your own lawyer present, someone paid to look out for your best interest, you can't trust your parent's lawyer. I'm still very leary about that guardianship thing anyhow, so its not something I'd do in your shoes. There should be no reason for you to sign over rights. I say this because TWO different people I know did this and 9 year and 12 years later they are fighting like hell to get their child back. No matter if your married with 4 other kids, a doctor, and your awarded mother of the year you will not recieve your child back. This is my warning to all underage parents.

You will be able to get your child health insurance through the state on your own. You don't need your parents for that. This is the common tool used to manipulate rights out of teen parents. You can still sign for all your child's needs and you will be fine when it comes to any legal rights to your child. You only have 2 years until your 18 and you wont need to sign a thing until your kid is 4-5 for school. Don't worry on that.

Weigh out all the opitions, do whats best for you. Kids are hard at any age and being a kid yourself (sorry but fact) means you still have so much you need to accomplish before you should be worrying about someone else. Best of luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)