Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

idk what to do or say...confused

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM
  • 10 Replies
I know people are going to judge me for being pregnant, although im fully grown (not a teen mom) I support
myself financially and so do my partner.i have always heard the saying of when you have a child your life is completely over.is that true? Im really scared and frustrated.I love my unborn child.I know it wasn't planned but I believe everything happens for a reason I never thought in a million years I would be pregnant in my early 20s but heyy.im not gonna lie and say I dont care what people say or think of me, to a certain extent I do care.but I still decides what's best for me.I just dont wanna be like 75% of the world and have a baby and then me and the father breaks up, things change, and become a single mom.dont get me wrong im going to still stand strong if that do happen and take care of my child, I just dont want that common life though.idk im just confused it feel like im making a big mistake but then again I feel 100% confident about bringing a child into this crazy world...idk I need some positive strong advice to lift me up....help please!!!!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just-looney
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
A baby doesn't end your life. There is always going to be people that think they know whats best for you and they will voice their opinions loud and rude. Ignore that stuff, your life and your choices. I had my first at age 19 and it did take some adjustments but I love how my life has turned out. Its all been worth it.
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I got married at 21 and we had are first when I was 22 we weren't planning it we wanted to enjoy being young and married for a few years then start our family. I do believe things happen for a reason my dd has changed our lives for the better and now I'm 25 and we are have number two.😊
newpink
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Thanks that was very helpful...I keep debating whether I should break the news to my close friends about my pregnancy. Im hesitant because we have had conversations about other people pregnancy and my friends opinions wasn't very comforting...or uplifting but then I feel like if they are my true friends that they should be there for me...huh idk

Quoting Pipersmom1988: I got married at 21 and we had are first when I was 22 we weren't planning it we wanted to enjoy being young and married for a few years then start our family. I do believe things happen for a reason my dd has changed our lives for the better and now I'm 25 and we are have number two.😊
newpink
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Thanks that was very helpful...I keep debating whether I should break the news to my close friends about my pregnancy. Im hesitant because we have had conversations about other people pregnancy and my friends opinions wasn't very comforting...or uplifting but then I feel like if they are my true friends that they should be there for me...huh idk

Quoting Just-looney: A baby doesn't end your life. There is always going to be people that think they know whats best for you and they will voice their opinions loud and rude. Ignore that stuff, your life and your choices. I had my first at age 19 and it did take some adjustments but I love how my life has turned out. Its all been worth it.
Vannah_Kaye
by Savannah on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Your life will be completely different & honestly I think once you have your baby you won't even want to go do half the things you would before because you will want to spend that time with your child. Don't get me wrong we all need breaks though! Dh & I still take weekends to ourselves to go out of town or just spend together with the kids & I wouldn't have my life any other way my kids made my life better & I'm sure yours will b the same to you =)

sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:58 PM

This world is certainl crazy hun. All you can do is control what goes on in your own hom and your own life. Worrying is what makes good moms ;) You'll do fine!

Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Your true friends will stick around when u tell them and the friends that stop talking to you never really wasn't your friend and like i always say I'd rather have a few best friends then have a bunch a friend who never cared about me.. keep your head up

Quoting newpink: Thanks that was very helpful...I keep debating whether I should break the news to my close friends about my pregnancy. Im hesitant because we have had conversations about other people pregnancy and my friends opinions wasn't very comforting...or uplifting but then I feel like if they are my true friends that they should be there for me...huh idk

Quoting Pipersmom1988: I got married at 21 and we had are first when I was 22 we weren't planning it we wanted to enjoy being young and married for a few years then start our family. I do believe things happen for a reason my dd has changed our lives for the better and now I'm 25 and we are have number two.😊
Just-looney
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM
You may loose some friends, but the true ones will always stay. You might even find friends that are truer in the future. I had a friend who got pregnant our Junior year in High School. I was one of the only friends she had after a while. We actually became closer after she got pregnant. Good luck sweety and best wishes.

Quoting newpink: Thanks that was very helpful...I keep debating whether I should break the news to my close friends about my pregnancy. Im hesitant because we have had conversations about other people pregnancy and my friends opinions wasn't very comforting...or uplifting but then I feel like if they are my true friends that they should be there for me...huh idk

Quoting Just-looney: A baby doesn't end your life. There is always going to be people that think they know whats best for you and they will voice their opinions loud and rude. Ignore that stuff, your life and your choices. I had my first at age 19 and it did take some adjustments but I love how my life has turned out. Its all been worth it.
Rosehawk
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM

It really depends on the kind of lifestyle you have BEFORE baby. If you're a homebody or responsible to begin with, your life doesn't really change all that much. It does more of a sideways shift.

If you're one that goes out clubbing every night then yes, your life as you know it will change dramatically.

I was 22 when my son was born. I'm a homebody by nature, and nothing really changed for me. My focus shifted some so that my baby was the first thing I thought about when I woke up, and the last thing on my mind as I fell asleep at night.

Rosehawk
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Oh, and that baby is now 10 and I'm due next month with #3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)