Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy
Hey ladies! How is or was your pregnancy with your second baby different than your first? I'm 5 weeks today and my daughter is 4.5. Everything feels new again! I was wondering if you noticed anything different the second time around? :)
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Replies (11-13):
MomOfMisters
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:03 AM

For me, the second pregnancy has been easier and harder at the same time. My son will be 5 one month after this baby is born, so everything is new to me again as well.

First, I had a lot of food aversions in the first tri-mester, but little nausea and no vommitting. I've not experienced swelling yet at 32 weeks, but I'm sure it's coming. My weight gain has been more steady and more under control this time around.

However, I'm more tired and irritable this time. I'm getting more aches and pains. I am actually feeling the braxtion hicks contractions, my blood pressure is becoming a problem now, and my body is just overall in a ton of pain and unease. I became much more uncomfortable much earlier in this pregnancy.

One good thing that isn't related to my body is that I have a better idea of what's to come. I am expecting the sleepless nights and the initial chaos sort of feeling after baby is born. I know what I need and what I don't need as well as the things I wish I had the first time. I'm much more prepared this time, I think.... I hope.

WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:12 AM
Both of my pregnancies were different snd i have 2 boys. My 2nd was easier to come out, I hurt more afterwards :/
Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Nothing was different for me really until I hit 26wks and didn't go into preterm labor lol. It was much easier in that sence because I had very little issue with preterm contractions. And I pushed way less for him too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)