• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok. My wife and I have been TTC since October using a known donor. We've tracked her period since about august of 2013. She ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS starts on the 2nd of each month. Our last insemination was on 2/14/14. She had tested positive for ovulation. Well 3/2/14 came...no period. Now 4/2/14 came...still nothing. She has nausea, occasional vomiting, larger breasts, sore breasts, tight pants, stretching feeling in her low abdomen, cravings of soda (which she doesn't usually ever drink) headaches very often, fatigue, and sore joints, as well as occasional insomnia. We've taken a few hpt. They came out negative. We can't take her to the doctor yet until her insurance kicks in later this month. Has this happened to anyone else? We're obviously hoping to have conceived but if not we need to see what's going on with her period so we can keep trying. Thank you in advance.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Have her take a home pregnancy test but yes she sound pregnant
Leah-n-Amanda
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM
We've only gotten negatives :(
CutieCrab
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

The only thing you can do is wait until the insurance kicks in...

tsmcconnell
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait for insurance but I would act as if shefb is indeed pregnant just in case. Maybe just get a blood test done. Call her normal gyno or ob doc overseeing the AI's and they may just have her go to the lab. Worth a try.
Mitchellgirl24
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like pregnancy to me. But obviously wait till you get your insurance and go to a obgyn to know for sure. My first pregnancy symptom was vomiting 30 times a day. Good luck to you both!
Larsbug
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

you need to get blood work done...sometimes HPT don't work, I know you said insurance doesn't kick in until later this month so you can either wait or see how much planned parenthood costs (or try state health facilites)

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree on the blood test.  check with clinics in your area to see if you can get a free or reduced cost test done.  GL

Leah-n-Amanda
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Thank you ladies. We had a blood test done but it was very early like 3 weeks. I've heard that's too early. I've birthed 3 myself in my previous marriage and didn't know til month 3 with the first and month 4 with the 2nd. 3rd one was planned I knew right away. I had 3 negative blood tests with my 2nd and even an ultrasound as well as several hpt.
cutiepie8611
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I just wanted to wish you luck :)
Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Go talk to your doctor and get another blood test my best friend didn't know she was pregnant till she was 5 months with her first because tests came out negative... FX!!!

Quoting Leah-n-Amanda: Thank you ladies. We had a blood test done but it was very early like 3 weeks. I've heard that's too early. I've birthed 3 myself in my previous marriage and didn't know til month 3 with the first and month 4 with the 2nd. 3rd one was planned I knew right away. I had 3 negative blood tests with my 2nd and even an ultrasound as well as several hpt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)