Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hospital bag is yours ready?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I didn't bother to pack a hospital bag when I had my daughter until a few hours before I had her and didn't have any personal items with me except my phone a couple outfits and my daughters out fit to come home in.

So this being my second I wanted to be ready when I do go into the hospital. Me and my daughter got out and went to walmart today.

Here is what I got:

1. Travel size deoderant
1. Small 16pk always pads
1. travel size crest pro health mouth wash
1. Travel size dial liquid body wash
1. Travel size shampoo/conditioner
1. Germ-x pink berry travel size hand sanitizer
1. Travel size brush
1. Travel size 3D crest tooth paste
1. Travel size tooth brush

My total was $21.70 majority of everything was 0.97 cent with the exception of the brush toothbrush and pads.

I hope I didn't go over board I also have my son's bag packed just incase anything happens between now and June.

Do you have your hospital bag packed? Yes, I also have a sitter for my daughter lined up I have had my sitter lined up for months. I'm a single mom so I have to make sure I have everything done early.

Did I go over board with my hospital bag? I still need to pack clothes pj's and my camera.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I think if this is what you feel you need, you didn't go over board. LOL 

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Not going to lie...there is pretty good chance i will just go to the hospital and make my husband bring me stuff later. Lol i still have alot of time though so that might change.
CutieCrab

I think you did not go overboard...  I have not packed mine yet.  I am only 18w 4d, I have some time.  But I will stick pack it super early, I like being prepared. 

mommy_2_be_2010
I'm not sure how long I'll be gone I'm planning on 24hrs. i did have a c-section with my oldest and was in the hospital for 4 days so there is no telling what could happen.

I just wanted to be ready in the event I go into labor early.

Quoting kajira:

I think if this is what you feel you need, you didn't go over board. LOL 

hot_momma633
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM
I was prepared for my first but not my second. You have everything you need.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Having my own toiletries was a godsend. I was there for five days and especially that first shower after I had my son... having my own stuff made all the difference. Other than that, all I needed were my comfy clothes and my phone/charger. :)
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been stressing about a hospital bag for a few weeks. Once I packed ds diaper bag I said well I might as well get my stuff. My mom and grandma don't think I'll make it until June, and there is a possibility that I won't(high blood pressure) I want my bag dd's bag and ds' bag ready to go.

Quoting CutieCrab:

I think you did not go overboard...  I have not packed mine yet.  I am only 18w 4d, I have some time.  But I will stick pack it super early, I like being prepared. 

JacknJill
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:41 PM
I'm not packed yet. I am 22..5 weeks with twins. I will be back everything by my baby shower which I'll be 30 weeks.. Just in case! :)
CutieCrab

Oops I meant still** not stick. Derp.

mommy_2_be_2010
I just need one other thing disposable toilet wipes (I hate the hospital toilet paper it chaffes my butt lol) thank you for the help.

Quoting JessiFaye: Having my own toiletries was a godsend. I was there for five days and especially that first shower after I had my son... having my own stuff made all the difference. Other than that, all I needed were my comfy clothes and my phone/charger. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)