Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hospital bag is yours ready?

Mobile Photo

I didn't bother to pack a hospital bag when I had my daughter until a few hours before I had her and didn't have any personal items with me except my phone a couple outfits and my daughters out fit to come home in.

So this being my second I wanted to be ready when I do go into the hospital. Me and my daughter got out and went to walmart today.

Here is what I got:

1. Travel size deoderant
1. Small 16pk always pads
1. travel size crest pro health mouth wash
1. Travel size dial liquid body wash
1. Travel size shampoo/conditioner
1. Germ-x pink berry travel size hand sanitizer
1. Travel size brush
1. Travel size 3D crest tooth paste
1. Travel size tooth brush

My total was $21.70 majority of everything was 0.97 cent with the exception of the brush toothbrush and pads.

I hope I didn't go over board I also have my son's bag packed just incase anything happens between now and June.

Do you have your hospital bag packed? Yes, I also have a sitter for my daughter lined up I have had my sitter lined up for months. I'm a single mom so I have to make sure I have everything done early.

Did I go over board with my hospital bag? I still need to pack clothes pj's and my camera.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Replies (31-37):
Nela12
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I'm 36 weeks and havnt even packed mine or babys bag yet. I'm having my babyshower Saturday so probably after then ill pack it
AbbyOregon
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM
That sounds like an amazing experience. If we had the resources for a home birth, it would be my first choice. But I'll be going to A hospital anyway. I am going to request no drugs unless there is a complication and they are needed.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

I might have thought it was a silly question if every other person didn't ask me the same thing:) No drugs at all, home birth is a natural birth, most woman aren't checked at all in pregnancy andoften not in labor either. No drugs of any kind are given, of course oxygen is on hand if needed and the midwife has pit as it can be used for after birth to encourage the uterus to clamp down. She can also give an episiotomy if needed but the rate is very very low.

My last was a home birth that was very easy and smooth. He was born 4 hours after contractions started, I spent most of the labor on a yoga ball next to my bed, then went to the tub. While in labor my midwife and asst chatted with me, check the babies heart rate from time to time while hubby rubbed my back and filled the tub. My water broke about 15 mins after I entered the water and he was born 5 mins later. I nursed him there while the plancent cam and then handled him off to daddy so I could take a shower, even shaved my legs:) Hopped in bed and nursed again while relaxing with my baby. Midwives cleaned up and were gone a couple hours later.

My older two were watching movies during this time and were able to come in right as baby was exiting the water. My older son even helped cut the cord. It was very calm and relaxing, even more than I expected. The midwife came back 2 days later and a week later to check baby and then I went there (the birth center/office) for the rest of appts till 6 weeks.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010: How does a home birth go I'm curious......I've heard people mention them before but never asked do you get meds to numb the pain? Sorry if the question sounds dumb.
Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

lovebugs_mom906
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 5:39 PM
I'm 37 weeks, and just about have my bag packed. I like having my own tolietries and comfy clothes. If I remember, I might grab my makeup bag too, just in case I want it.
ambs86
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 6:33 PM
34weeks and I should probably start packing it. Need to get a few travel size soaps ect.
ATG499
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I will probably have maxi pads instead of the ultra thins because of how heavily I bled last time, but other than that I will have the same items in my bag. I will also be packing my camera with extra batteries and a large capacity memory card. I will also be bringing my phone charger, three outfits for myself (just in case of another emergency C-Section), and outfits for the baby. With my first, I had my toiletries, one outfit for myself, and two outfits for DS. I had to send my mom home for more clothes.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

(If you're on my Facebook, please don't say anything yet!!) 

Melodee0119
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I am 35 weeks and we will packing my bag this weekend. I have a small pile going already. I want everything in a closed bag this time. With my dd I went to the hospital to get my blood pressure checked and ended up leavi g a few days later with my baby :) with that one I had everything in a pile but not in a bag and the pile was in the nursery completely on its own and I actually never got all my stuff my dh brought me back things every time but he could never grab everything for some reason! He even packed it in our dirtiest yuckiest bag we owned! So this time around I plan on having my bag, diaper bag, and my dd bag all packed and zipped shut with the car seat next to them. So the only thing that won't be in there will be my straightener .
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Mine has been packed for a while now. So is the diaper bag. Tomorrow I will be packing overnight
bags for my other 4 kids. I have a sitter lined up. And no I don't think you went over board
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)