Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

mom's i need to know...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
  • 15 Replies

iam four months along and wanting to start shopping for my baby. i guess my question when did you ladies start shopping? what did you buy before your little one arrived, it will most likely be just me and my little one so i don't really wnat to have to rush out for last minute things. clothes i will be buying when i know if the baby is a boy or girl as gender neautral here is pretty hard to find.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Honestly... Baby doesn't NEED much. Somewhere to sleep, something to wear, something to eat & diapers and car seat... The rest is extra...

Helpful extras...

Swing
Changing table
Pacifiers
Stroller or baby wearing item!

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM

you can always start stocking up on diapers with every paycheck... a lot of things you can get second hand and it's cheaper, the only thing to be sure to buy new (aside from bottles, diapers, pacis) is a carseat...the rest can all be purchased in good shape from consignment stores.

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:50 PM
I agree with second hand!!!

Especially clothes!!! They grow so fast!

Quoting Larsbug:

you can always start stocking up on diapers with every paycheck... a lot of things you can get second hand and it's cheaper, the only thing to be sure to buy new (aside from bottles, diapers, pacis) is a carseat...the rest can all be purchased in good shape from consignment stores.

KME3
by Kristin on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM
After I found out what I was having I started to shop .
Mom2Just1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I shop after knowing sex.  For me I only need some clothes, carseat, boobs for breastfeeding, nursing pads, and blankets.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Diapers, wipes, onesies and pjs, baby soap and lotion, somewhere to sleep, receiving blankets, bottles, couple of hats for baby little bald head lol.

I'm 24 weeks and have only bought like 2 onesies so far. I think we will get shopping in late May lol. We just haven't figured out where we are going to put all this stuff yet....total denial

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Same here

Quoting KME3: After I found out what I was having I started to shop .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM

DD4 was the only one that I did any shopping with before I hit 30 weeks and it's because we were getting everything ourselves. First thing I bought was the travel system, then all the bigger items after that (one "big" item every pay) till I had everything we needed.

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
I agree with the one big item per check until you have it all.
Bedding, car seat, stroller, boppy, anything that can be gender neutral we did first then went to all the clothes once we knew the gender for sure. Our little guy had many used things but still great condition. I love consignment stores.
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I plain on getting the crib and car seats now (new). But the other stuff will be from Goodwill, Once Apon A Child, yardsales, or baby shower. We aren't finding out genders either, so neutral clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN