Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

mom's i need to know...

Posted by   + Show Post

iam four months along and wanting to start shopping for my baby. i guess my question when did you ladies start shopping? what did you buy before your little one arrived, it will most likely be just me and my little one so i don't really wnat to have to rush out for last minute things. clothes i will be buying when i know if the baby is a boy or girl as gender neautral here is pretty hard to find.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Replies (11-15):
sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:34 PM

It probably depends if your having a shower or not. I am not, so I started buying at 12 weeks (because I found a bed on sale) and have bought little bits here and there. I am 17 weeks now and got a bed, wrap carrier, a few outfits, pacifiers, next pay day I think i'll order some HALO swaddle sacks (my last baby lived in them) and then the pay day after that I'll order a compact swing. Then just before baby is when I stock up on the less fun stuff Like Diapers, wipes, extra cotton swabs, diaper cream and of course MAXI PADS!! That way we wont be scrambling to buy last minute or all at once. 

wiccanlove92
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I bought diapers and wipes once we heard a heartbeat on doppler at 11 weeks then did the rest of my shopping after finding out were having a girl at 16 weeks.
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Tiffany on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:36 PM

i didnt start buying till i knew the gender. i thought that toook FOREVER lol... buy you can always buy diapers wipes and shampoo and stuff. So your not rushing at the last min. good luck

KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Last time I bought everything prior to 20 weeks, so I had no idea what the gender was and ended up regretting my purchases. The greens are cute, the the pinks and blues are adorable.

This time I waited until 36 weeks to buy anything. I was too tired from working and raising an already birthed child to think about baby purchases.

MammaKoi
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:33 PM

In the reality of it baby doesn't need much at first. I only had a car seat with base, pack and play with a infant to toddler sleeper/ rocker seat, and plenty of diapers. After the holidays I had more than plenty. We now how a high chair, bouncer, walker, swing, crib a actual travel set a extra car seat with base and tons of infant toys and teething rings. Everything will be used well once our baby girl gets here in Aug, her brother didn't abuse things to much thankfully. My munchkins are only 12 months apart and my first two are 14months apart. It was nice using things back to back. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)