Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

stupid question

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so this is probably a dumb question but....is it possible to have back labor pains in my 3rd trimester? Or is it only during labor?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM

What kind of pains are you talking about? 

Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Back pain in general is common during pregnancy, especially the last trimester.  Pain that comes and goes with your belly tightening at the same time is considered back labor.

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:39 PM

it's possible

erica320
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Its lower and seems to only be on the right side. It starts sort of near my ribcage and comes in about halfway and goes down to right above my rear. But its real painful and tight. Its not a sharp pain but more like a severe ache that tightens. Also have been having some burning feeling in my belly on the lower right that the doctor said was a torn muscle. I dont know what to believe anymore. All I know is that im.in a lot of pain on a daily basis and have to keep icing my belly and heating my back.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

What kind of pains are you talking about? 

Haylee194
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:01 AM

How far along are you? Do you know the position of baby? Back labor is caused by baby being "sunny-side-up", a pain that you get during contractions. Or at least thats what it was in my case with my first!

Lisa_R83
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM
The burning sensation u describe in your low abdomen does sound like a torn muscle (sounds like it could be an oblique muscle?) and that's likely causing your back to seize up and be in pain.. I'm not a doc but I am a massage therapist:)
Maybe one of those belly support girdle things would help the strain and keep it from further damage.
I would ask your OB tho they would know if it's contractions or not, I never had back labor so I don't know, GL!
erica320
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:49 AM
I am 30 weeks along. I had an ultraasound 2 weeks ago and she seemed to be in correct position.

Quoting Haylee194:

How far along are you? Do you know the position of baby? Back labor is caused by baby being "sunny-side-up", a pain that you get during contractions. Or at least thats what it was in my case with my first!

erica320
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Oh ok yea that's what I am thinking it is too.

Quoting Lisa_R83: The burning sensation u describe in your low abdomen does sound like a torn muscle (sounds like it could be an oblique muscle?) and that's likely causing your back to seize up and be in pain.. I'm not a doc but I am a massage therapist:)
Maybe one of those belly support girdle things would help the strain and keep it from further damage.
I would ask your OB tho they would know if it's contractions or not, I never had back labor so I don't know, GL!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)