Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Food aversions

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have food aversions to almost everything that's good for the baby and me.

I am going crazy, I want to eat well but I can't look at most veggies without gagging.
I only seem to be able to keep down starchy foods and junk.

I am also constantly nauseated, and the thought of food makes it way worse.

Anyone know how to calm food aversions?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Heather2001
by Heather on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM

There's not much you can do.  Most of the time, the aversions will leave or change as you progress.  Make sure you're taking your prenatal, though.

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM

I'm with Heather

momoftwogirl55
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM
I have an aversion to meat right now, it's lasted so far the entire pregnancy, I'm 34 weeks today. I make sure I take my prenatal and eat other foods with protein.
For my nausea, mint gum or lemonade helped.
sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I had this same problem my whole first trimester. Unfortunately I am not sure there is anything you can do except eat what you can keep down. I am much better now even though not all of my aversions are gone, but they seemed to change weekly if not daily the whole first trimester.

Lisa_R83
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Omg I had aversions to almost everything it seemed my first trimester especially meat, particularly ham for some reason.. One time I went against my better judgement and ate a ham and cheese sandwich anyway (mainly cuz i didnt wanna cook anything at the moment) and it came right back up! Never went against my aversions again lol but as soon as my second trimester hit all that went away, how far along are you?
Lisa_R83
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Ginger tea and altoids mints seemed to help a little.. and anything citrus or cold like fruit bars, yogurt or smoothies seemed to help me.. Those are healthy too, I don't know if the sound of those make you wanna gag?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN