Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need opinions

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM
  • 10 Replies
I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and 2 days? Pretty sure.
Anyways I also had a ultrasound 7 days prior which I was told she needed to re do in a week.

When she did the first ultrasound she found a sac that had cardiac activity. She said there isn't enough development and she couldn't see inside the sac to get a good measurement so I had to come back.

So I waited and came back the following Monday 7 days later.
She saw the same sac with a very strong heart beat. She looked confused and then moved to the opposite side of my body where there is a perfect little baby that you could see very clearly.
Same cardiac activity as the other side where the sac and other heartbeat was.

She said the doctor I will be getting assigned to will talk to me about it later on.

My question is did any of you experience this?

Could it be twins and she just can't see the other one? The part that gets me is she said she saw a heartbeat within that sac or in that area.

I'm very nervous. I have now moved doctors offices and I'm going with my new doctor on Tuesday I'm almost 10 weeks now.

Edit she said the baby she got a good view of was very hidden

Also she said I had a cyst on my ovary idk if that makes a difference. She did say the cyst will go away
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I'm a little confused by your post, but it does sound like maybe there are twins

AutumnLove14
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:46 PM
What do you need clarified sorry I was kinda frantic typing it lol

Quoting Larsbug:

I'm a little confused by your post, but it does sound like maybe there are twins

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:14 PM

so you had 1 U/S and it wasn't developed enough, so you went back 7 days later and that's when she saw 2 sacs 2 heartbeats but can't tell if it's a baby? is that right?

Quoting AutumnLove14: What do you need clarified sorry I was kinda frantic typing it lol
Quoting Larsbug:

AutumnLove14
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM
No no no. Sorry if I didn't make it clearer.
The first ultrasound a the saw was that sac with the heartbeat, she said she couldn't get a good measurement so I need to come back in a week which was a Monday the 17 I think so I went in again like she said, she went back to the exact spot as before saw a heartbeat but no change, she started moving around and on the opposite side (complete opposite) there was a clear baby. She didn't say much about the sac. But i don't know why there would be a heart best over there and over on the other side? She did say the week prior it wasn't my heartbeat so I know it's not that.

I would think it's a second baby? Maybe that she couldn't clearly see? I know a lot of twins one will hide.
Does that help a little?
Quoting Larsbug:  so you had 1 U/S and it wasn't developed enough, so you went back 7 days later and that's when she saw 2 sacs 2 heartbeats but can't tell if it's a baby? is that right?
Quoting AutumnLove14: What do you need clarified sorry I was kinda frantic typing it lol
Quoting Larsbug:

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:34 PM

kinda...but I think I'm more confused about what your doctor is telling you versus what you are saying (if that makes sense lol)

so you are seeing a NEW doctor later this month?

Quoting AutumnLove14: No no no. Sorry if I didn't make it clearer. The first ultrasound a the saw was that sac with the heartbeat, she said she couldn't get a good measurement so I need to come back in a week which was a Monday the 17 I think so I went in again like she said, she went back to the exact spot as before saw a heartbeat but no change, she started moving around and on the opposite side (complete opposite) there was a clear baby. She didn't say much about the sac. But i don't know why there would be a heart best over there and over on the other side? She did say the week prior it wasn't my heartbeat so I know it's not that. I would think it's a second baby? Maybe that she couldn't clearly see? I know a lot of twins one will hide. Does that help a little? Quoting Larsbug:  so you had 1 U/S and it wasn't developed enough, so you went back 7 days later and that's when she saw 2 sacs 2 heartbeats but can't tell if it's a baby? is that right? Quoting AutumnLove14: What do you need clarified sorry I was kinda frantic typing it lol Quoting Larsbug:  I'm a little confused by your post, but it does sound like maybe there are twins  

AutumnLove14
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Yeah on Tuesday.

She didn't say anything about the mystery sac other than a comment about cardiac activity.

Quoting Larsbug:

kinda...but I think I'm more confused about what your doctor is telling you versus what you are saying (if that makes sense lol)

Quoting AutumnLove14: No no no. Sorry if I didn't make it clearer. The first ultrasound a the saw was that sac with the heartbeat, she said she couldn't get a good measurement so I need to come back in a week which was a Monday the 17 I think so I went in again like she said, she went back to the exact spot as before saw a heartbeat but no change, she started moving around and on the opposite side (complete opposite) there was a clear baby. She didn't say much about the sac. But i don't know why there would be a heart best over there and over on the other side? She did say the week prior it wasn't my heartbeat so I know it's not that. I would think it's a second baby? Maybe that she couldn't clearly see? I know a lot of twins one will hide. Does that help a little? Quoting Larsbug:  so you had 1 U/S and it wasn't developed enough, so you went back 7 days later and that's when she saw 2 sacs 2 heartbeats but can't tell if it's a baby? is that right? Quoting AutumnLove14: What do you need clarified sorry I was kinda frantic typing it lol Quoting Larsbug:  I'm a little confused by your post, but it does sound like maybe there are twins  

Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM

weird...hopefully this new doctor can give you some better insight...good luck! keep us posted!

Quoting AutumnLove14: Yeah on Tuesday. She didn't say anything about the mystery sac other than a comment about cardiac activity.
Quoting Larsbug:

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM

this is what my 6+ week ultra sound week with twins looked like.

MY tech ALMOST missed the second baby on the first go round, but as she was sliding it across my belly, I saw a distinctly DIFFERENT sac+baby and made her go back!!!

Low and behold.

Twins.

PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Sounds like twins. Update us when you see the new doc. & everyone has the cyst she's talking about so it shouldn't be that
risa_xc
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
From what your describing it sounds like one is gestationally farther along. My friend had what was called "momo" twins where one twin was gestationally farther along than the other. That's what it sounds like to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)