Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are you taking make-up with you?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM
  • 69 Replies
2 moms liked this

To the hospital? Do you like to put on make-up while your there after giving birth or have it to wear while your leaving? I am kind of embarrassed to say I always have haha!!  This time...no way. I don't know what changed, but I'm wearing my naked face home. 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I took mine. I put it on the day after he was born, so that I had it on for pictures and all the visitors. The rest of the time? No way. lol But it made me feel better to have it on that day, especially after having a c-section. It helped me feel somewhat human again. lol
sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I know exactly what your talking about!! I have worn makeup home with all 5 of mine because I needed to feel like a human again lol!!  

Quoting JessiFaye: I took mine. I put it on the day after he was born, so that I had it on for pictures and all the visitors. The rest of the time? No way. lol But it made me feel better to have it on that day, especially after having a c-section. It helped me feel somewhat human again. lol

lauren.m
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Yep I have it packed in the bag already so I'll be sure not to forget it. I don't wanna look awful in all the hospital pictures like I did when I had my others and didn't take makeup.
MamaNickelatti
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Nope, we only stay 24 hours and don't accept visitors until we're home. Make up is usually the last thing on my mind.
lilmomma27733
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:30 PM

with my son i didn't bother with makeup at all mostly because i was so tired it didn't seem to matter. i have friends that have taken makeup with them for there pictures and such. i will not be this time either but each there own right

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I never have before but who knows lol
Bump2b
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I always wear makeup except if I'm just at home with the kids. So will definitely be taking it to hospital with me. I went into labour with my other two with hair, nails done, makeup, waxed from eyebrows to ankles, spray tanned... And come out looking like I went through a blender. Even knowing this, I can't see me doing it any other way lol!!
momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM
I did with the first 2 and nnever touched it so with the third I left it home.
sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Quoting Bump2b: I always wear makeup except if I'm just at home with the kids. So will definitely be taking it to hospital with me. I went into labour with my other two with hair, nails done, makeup, waxed from eyebrows to ankles, spray tanned... And come out looking like I went through a blender. Even knowing this, I can't see me doing it any other way lol!!

i just love your fabulousness!!! waxed and tanned?! This almost inspires me to take my make up ;) Nothing wrong with doing what y can!

Bump2b
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I'm not sure how fabulous I look post baby but it's the thought that counts right?!

Quoting sarahtbkh:

Quoting Bump2b: I always wear makeup except if I'm just at home with the kids. So will definitely be taking it to hospital with me. I went into labour with my other two with hair, nails done, makeup, waxed from eyebrows to ankles, spray tanned... And come out looking like I went through a blender. Even knowing this, I can't see me doing it any other way lol!!

i just love your fabulousness!!! waxed and tanned?! This almost inspires me to take my make up ;) Nothing wrong with doing what y can!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN