• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mucus plug?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
Dh got home today yay (he is an over the road trucker) we had awsome sex yay but now I'm losing my mucus plug yay l.

my question is can you not be dialated and still loves your plug?

Hoping this is a good sign I lost my plug through out the day and then my water broke that night kinda hoping this is similar

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
his88angel
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:11 PM
I know it can grow back but think you have to be a couple cm dilated for u to loose it
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM
I've only every lost mine when I dilated.. I believe you have to be dilated.. I've already lost most of mine, buy my cervix closed back up, so it's probably been growing back :-(
HolliBerry21
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I was only 1cm when I lost mine. Not really enough to do anything lol

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I lost chunks of mine repeatedly during all 3 of my pregnancies. You don't need to be dilated to lose pieces of your mucus plug, it can grow back.

If you are at the end stage of your pregnancy, it can be very common to lose large pieces, but not go into labor, especially after any kind of vaginal insertion, checks, or activities. LOL

sarahtbkh
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM
I've been losing mine for weeks...I did with my 3rd baby also. It grows back as fast as you lose those peices.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM

I lost big pieces of mine for weeks before I had my son. I wasn't dilated at all until the very end. It just grows back!

PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:31 AM
With my second, I started losing it at 32 weeks. She stayed tight til 40 :) This one is 33 weeks now and I just started losing it, doesn't mean anything honestly. It just grows back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I never saw it with my first two, even during labor. My third for 5 weeks I was losing big, small pieces and some with blood. It can regenerates itself.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I don't ever remember noticing it with my first 2. My second came really unexpectedly. 1 day pg, 1 day I was holding a baby. I have heard it can be a sign of labor but also heard it regenerates. I'm 35w5d now, 1cm and thinned out and haven't noticed anything yet.

How far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)