Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it time?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

So i know all about Braxton Hicks and false labor but i really dont know how to tell the difference between that and the real thing. I lost my mucus plug 37 hours ago and now my contractions are getting very painful. They're still random and no more then 45 seconds long., But they keep getting worse and worse. 

What should i do? 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HolliBerry21
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Is it your first?  Usually they want you to wait until they are consistent for a certain length of time. 

diamondprnces
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:40 PM

How far apart are they and check your cervix and see are you dialating  good luck and congrats 

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM

This stage can last days, or even weeks.... I would walk for a while and see if it keeps getting worse.

Also - drink plenty of fluids, take a relaxing bath or shower, and lay down on your left side for a couple of hours. That may help ease off some of the irritation of the contractions, especially if it's early labor that's not going to result in a baby "tonight" if you know what I mean.

What I can say, is if you start feeling the urge to push or squat, that's a good time to go in. LOL

alliboo91
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:58 PM

They're random from 5 mins to an hour. in the past two hours though they seem to start getting closer together maybe about 6 to 9 mins and they last 30 secs to a min max. 

Devious103102
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM

If they're increasing in pain/getting worse I'd go ahead and go get checked. Good luck.

Bump2b
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Rule of thumb is if they are getting longer, stronger & closer together and around. 5 mins apart it might be a good idea to go in. But in saying that not everyone's labour is textbook. My second labour contractions never were longer than 30-45 seconds though only had 10 second in between to catch my breath and she was both 1.5 hours after first contraction so follow your instincts, no harm in getting checked out.
Haylee194
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:55 PM

If they are getting worse and not going away with changing positions, drinking water, taking a warm bath etc. I would go get checked! :) How far along are you?

november117
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Did you end up going in?
PeppyInPink
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Did you go in?
I agree if not take a walk or walk around your house. Any eat bc you won't be able eat until after you deliver!! Lol I'm so glad I took the nurses advice to eat when I went to walk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)