Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Water Breaking

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM
  • 74 Replies
I always wonder what factors into that happening naturally for some women but not others. Of all my friends/family and the dozens of kids between us, i only know 2 women to have it break naturally.

Are some women just prone to it happening naturally while others aren't?

Thoughts?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Both my kids broke naturally. With ds it was past my due date. With dd it was at 36 weeks.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I have 3 children it only broke with the first baby.

Whit0416
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Mine broke naturally in the middle of the night. I was high risk due to a lot of amniotic fluid so that might have played a part.
Just-looney
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Doc broke my first. With my second everything happened so fast, I was on the delivery table and they broke on there own when I was about 8 cm. I was only at the hospital an hour before I started pushing. But I don't know anyone close to me that had their water break like in the movies.
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Only about 10% or something like that of women have it break on their own first. It seems like some women are more prone to it. Some have it happen with all their babies, while others have very thick amniotic bags that are hard to rupture even when the doc is trying to.
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Mine didn't break with either of my two kids. But I wonder if it's because I'm not prone to it at all or if one day I will get that surprise lol.

loveyourenemy
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM
They broke mind for me when I was 8cm dilated haha it didn't want to break
Larsbug
by Laura on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM

mine never broke on their own...with DS1 the nurse did it while checking me (on accident, I started contracting),and with DS2 I had a c-section so doc did it lol

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM

i've been wondering the same thing, lol!  they broke it with my first 2.  i'm 35w5d and find myself at the gym, on the elliptical wondering what i would do if all of a sudden GUSH all over the machine.  how embarrassing :)

Quoting DixonBabies:

Mine didn't break with either of my two kids. But I wonder if it's because I'm not prone to it at all or if one day I will get that surprise lol.

Irene1923
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM
With my first, mine broke on its own while I was asleep. Curious if will happen again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN