Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

best swaddle blankets for the summer?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

i was wondering were i can get some good swaddle blankets my baby is going to be born in the summer and i want something breathable, my son loved to sleep all swaddled up and i want to do this for the newborn too. I heard afghans blankets were good for this but dont know were to get some. I tried ebay but all i found were patterns to make your own and but that is a skill i dont have. any ideas or suggestions?

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Halo sleep sacks have great swaddle blankets.
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM
I've heard great things about Aden & Anais blankets. I am going to get some this time. They sell them cheaper at Target and some on Amazon that are just a little smaller but still good size swaddling blankets.
alshink
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Woombie all the way! I LOVE them! They have heavier ones for winter and thinner ones for summer. The baby is able to stretch in them-similar to being inside of the womb. My son  used them until he was almost 6 months. I didn't find them though until he was almost 3 months. Wish I would have had them sooner! And they zip and unzip from top and bottom so you don't have to undress them to change their diapers. It's at woombie.com Hope this helps! :-D

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Aden and Anais--they are light weight (yet keep baby warm and snug) and great for swaddling. They are perfect for summer weather.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:00 PM

My dd was born during a 105 degree heat wave.  We swaddled her in a cotton Halo that the hospital gave us as a delivery present with a diaper and that was it.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:14 PM
We are trying muslin swaddle blankets. They seem pretty thin. I'm due in a couple weeks. So we shall see.
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I was going to suggest these also. Babies in a day care I worked in had them I love them.

Quoting meam4444: I love Aden and Anais--they are light weight (yet keep baby warm and snug) and great for swaddling. They are perfect for summer weather.
risa_xc
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Those are perfect. They are super thin and stretch enough so you can wrap them tight! I highly recommend those in summer.

Quoting mjimaging: We are trying muslin swaddle blankets. They seem pretty thin. I'm due in a couple weeks. So we shall see.
WundrWmn
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I really liked the swaddleme wrap for DS

www.summerinfant.com/nursery/swaddling/swaddle-resources
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)