Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Swollen feet and ankles!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM
  • 10 Replies
Omg my poor feet and ankles !! They r sooo swollen and I have to work 8 & half hrs today .... I'm a waitress and will b by myself ..... Gotta wash my own dishes and everything =\ I'm havin issues walkin from my bedroom to my bathroom how in the world am I supposed to make this work. ???!! Uggghhh gonna b a long day !!!!!
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyrebecca
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:54 AM
LOTS OF WATER, try cutting down your salt intake also if possible before work, soak your legs in real warm water and gently massage while they're in water. After you are done with the water, massage with lotion real deep like but not hard that it hurts.

I work 9hrs a night 4nights a week and no breaks. I get write up if I sit (thank god for indoor bathrooms :)
I totally understand. I've had this job for 8months and two weeks ago my feet looked like tennis balls. I found out I'm pregnant yesterday morning.

Also try gel soles in your shoes (loosen up shoes or get bigger ones) need to be comfortable shoes too.
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:26 AM

How far along are you, sweetheart?

KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Congrats on your newfound baby :) 

Quoting mommyrebecca: LOTS OF WATER, try cutting down your salt intake also if possible before work, soak your legs in real warm water and gently massage while they're in water. After you are done with the water, massage with lotion real deep like but not hard that it hurts. I work 9hrs a night 4nights a week and no breaks. I get write up if I sit (thank god for indoor bathrooms :) I totally understand. I've had this job for 8months and two weeks ago my feet looked like tennis balls. I found out I'm pregnant yesterday morning. Also try gel soles in your shoes (loosen up shoes or get bigger ones) need to be comfortable shoes too.

mcmlx3v
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I have the same problem and have to walk a lot at work as well.  My doctor recommended compression hose (the special panty hose that diabetics wear).  If you put them on as soon as you get up in the morning, it does help a little.  If you shower in the morning, switch to showering at night so that you don't have to be on your feet without them right away in the morning.  Drink a lot of water, too.  On your breaks, try to find a place to recline with your feet higher than your heart.  I know that's easier said than done in a restaurant, but maybe you can even sit in the passenger seat of your car with the seat reclined and your feet on the dash.  You'll still have some swelling, but these things might at least help.  I know it hurts... I feel your pain!

Had3girls
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM
First of all CONGRATS!!!!!
I somehow survived work on Saturday but it was soooo hard .... Couldn't elevate my feet at all ... People came in every time I tried !!
The swelling has gone down thank god but they r still swelled .... Honestly just not sure how long I can keep workin ... Got a vertebrae out of place and a rotated rib and pregnancy induced carpal tunnel .... I feel like in fighting a lose/lose battle =\

Quoting mommyrebecca: LOTS OF WATER, try cutting down your salt intake also if possible before work, soak your legs in real warm water and gently massage while they're in water. After you are done with the water, massage with lotion real deep like but not hard that it hurts.

I work 9hrs a night 4nights a week and no breaks. I get write up if I sit (thank god for indoor bathrooms :)
I totally understand. I've had this job for 8months and two weeks ago my feet looked like tennis balls. I found out I'm pregnant yesterday morning.

Also try gel soles in your shoes (loosen up shoes or get bigger ones) need to be comfortable shoes too.
Had3girls
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:14 PM
I am 31wks and 3 days

Quoting KREX0914:

How far along are you, sweetheart?

Had3girls
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I don't get breaks so that part sux =\ I was gonna get compression socks but they were sold out ... I got what's called an ankle genie ..... They seem to maybe b helping but they r sooo snug from my feet bein swollen .... Talked to my doctors nurse today she says it's all normal even the shooting pains in my calf muscle .... Between my feet issue and pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and a vertebrae out of place and a rotated rib .... Uggghhhhh I just hope I survive this pregnancy lol

Quoting mcmlx3v:

I have the same problem and have to walk a lot at work as well.  My doctor recommended compression hose (the special panty hose that diabetics wear).  If you put them on as soon as you get up in the morning, it does help a little.  If you shower in the morning, switch to showering at night so that you don't have to be on your feet without them right away in the morning.  Drink a lot of water, too.  On your breaks, try to find a place to recline with your feet higher than your heart.  I know that's easier said than done in a restaurant, but maybe you can even sit in the passenger seat of your car with the seat reclined and your feet on the dash.  You'll still have some swelling, but these things might at least help.  I know it hurts... I feel your pain!

mommyrebecca
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM
So sorry to hear that. And thanks
It's hard I know, swelled feet suck so much

Quoting Had3girls: First of all CONGRATS!!!!!
I somehow survived work on Saturday but it was soooo hard .... Couldn't elevate my feet at all ... People came in every time I tried !!
The swelling has gone down thank god but they r still swelled .... Honestly just not sure how long I can keep workin ... Got a vertebrae out of place and a rotated rib and pregnancy induced carpal tunnel .... I feel like in fighting a lose/lose battle =\

Quoting mommyrebecca: LOTS OF WATER, try cutting down your salt intake also if possible before work, soak your legs in real warm water and gently massage while they're in water. After you are done with the water, massage with lotion real deep like but not hard that it hurts.

ShannaBee
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM
My feet and ankles have been swelling so bad lately!
Had3girls
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Yeah they do! Guess I'll continue to do what I can and c where it takes me lol

Quoting mommyrebecca: So sorry to hear that. And thanks
It's hard I know, swelled feet suck so much

Quoting Had3girls: First of all CONGRATS!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN