Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

6 weeks and spotting! someone please help

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM
  • 17 Replies
Last night hubby and I had sex and this morning I woke up and wiped brown and red blood away! Now when I go to the bathroom and wipe I have red blood but right now its not enough to wear a pad! When should I get conserned? Tomorrow is our ultra sound and I'm freaking out! Have any of u had this happen and baby was ok? Remind you that it is red and pink no more brown! Please help ladies
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hbritton
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't panic just yet.
It could just be blood from your cervix.
mommas.world
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I am so worried! Hubby and I have been trying for a long time and I just don't know what I would do if I lose this one! Thanks for your comment! I'm trying my best to just relax and not think about it!

Quoting hbritton: Don't panic just yet.
It could just be blood from your cervix.
Nessasmomma
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM
You won't know for sure till the ultrasound but don't freak to bad. Bleeding after sex can just be irritation from the cervix. I had spotting with my son that was red and brown and from 4 weeks to 12. And I had spotting with my daughter from 6 weeks to 10 weeks and they never figured out what from and ds is a healthy hyper 16 month old and dd is a healthy 10 week old.
mommas.world
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I believe I am losing it! Bleeding is getting alittle worse, and at th bottom of the toilet are some clots, not very big ones but idk I'm trying my best not to lose it mentally! Today is the hubbys bday and I just can't stop thinkin about baby!

Quoting Nessasmomma: You won't know for sure till the ultrasound but don't freak to bad. Bleeding after sex can just be irritation from the cervix. I had spotting with my son that was red and brown and from 4 weeks to 12. And I had spotting with my daughter from 6 weeks to 10 weeks and they never figured out what from and ds is a healthy hyper 16 month old and dd is a healthy 10 week old.
Kaybean
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM
It's spelt wiped, lol.

Bleeding and spotting is very common and although sometimes it's a miscarriage, often times it's not so don't panic. I had bleeding with both of my boys. With my first son, it was bright red and enough to need a pad. I went on for an ultrasound and they never found a reason for the bleeding but he was perfectly fine. With my second son, I had some red spotting and they found a small Subchorionic Hemorrhage which usually just heals itself. I have also had a miscarriage and two chemicals and the bleeding was MUCH heavier along with bad cramps. This pregnancy I haven't had any spotting or bleeding even one time.

My BFF is 7 weeks pregnant and has had spotting off and on for a couple weeks now and finally went in yesterday because she was also having pains and the baby is just fine and there was a strong heartbeat. It's very likely it's just from the sex. Sex is perfectly safe, but sometimes it can cause your cervix to get a little irritated.

Please keep us posted.
hbritton
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM
If you're that worried go to the ER.

They could give you an ultrasound
kajira
by Emma on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:51 PM

If you started having heavier bleeding and clots, you need to go in.

SweetDee89
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM
If bleeding is getting heavier and now some clots I would go to the ER just to get piece of mind. Good luck!
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:15 PM
If it is getting worse and you are seeing clots go to the er.
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

its pretty common to also spot at 6 weeks in general but it could be from having sex u could see ur dr but most likly will say ur really early and might not be able to tell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN