Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

playtexbaby.com

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM
  • 20 Replies
Has anyone got everything from playtex for your baby? What things did you get?
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I never have
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irishmom86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:11 AM
What bottles have you used?

Quoting kmqw229: I never have
KREX0914
by Kristen-Danielle on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I plan on EBF for 8 weeks and then I'm going to try NUK bottles for only when I'm at work. If NUK doesn't work for her I will try Playtex VentAire Wide.

Do you get good deals online or something?

irishmom86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:38 AM
You can do online its always best to shop around. I will be getting playtex online because I'm from Ireland,

Quoting KREX0914:

I plan on EBF for 8 weeks and then I'm going to try NUK bottles for only when I'm at work. If NUK doesn't work for her I will try Playtex VentAire Wide.Do you get good deals online or something?

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Avent

Quoting irishmom86: What bottles have you used?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:23 AM

We use the Playtex Ventaire Wide and DS had no trouble going back and forth between bottle and breast.

Be sure to buy all three sets of nipples (slow, medium, fast).

We are just about to transition off of the bottle to a straw cup.  He's such a big boy now!

irishmom86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I had Avent but they started to leak so we got rid of them.

Quoting kmqw229: Avent

Quoting irishmom86: What bottles have you used?

irishmom86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I'm considering breastfeeding this baby. How much will the bottles and everything too get with them be? What type of straw cup are you going to get?

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

We use the Playtex Ventaire Wide and DS had no trouble going back and forth between bottle and breast.

We are just about to transition off of the bottle to a straw cup.  He's such a big boy now!

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I really wanted to ebf, but I had supply issues and needed to supplement starting at 2 weeks. 

If you are able to EBF you can get a starter pack for around $24 that comes with 5 bottles and includes 4 slow nipples and 3 medium nipples.  Extra nipples were not that expensive.  We got them at WalMart or Target usually.  And you can buy the extra nipples as you need them.

We bought all different types of sippy and straw cups and started introducing them at around 6 months.  DS is now 10.5 months and he lives the Nuby soft straw cup best.  We have 2 of them and are going to order more.  It took him a long time to figure out how to use the straw and this week it just clicked and he seems to have forgetten how to use a sippy.  For a straw you hold is straight but for a sippy you have to tip it up (it works somewhat by gravity).  He keeps trying to suck through the sippy which doesn't work.

Quoting irishmom86: I'm considering breastfeeding this baby. How much will the bottles and everything too get with them be? What type of straw cup are you going to get?
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

irishmom86
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Does target have a website? Wow it takes them time to use dippy cups and cups with straws.

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

I really wanted to ebf, but I had supply issues and needed to supplement starting at 2 weeks. 

If you are able to EBF you can get a starter pack for around $24 that comes with 5 bottles and includes 4 slow nipples and 3 medium nipples.  Extra nipples were not that expensive.  We got them at WalMart or Target usually.  And you can buy the extra nipples as you need them.

We bought all different types of sippy and straw cups and started introducing them at around 6 months.  DS is now 10.5 months and he lives the Nuby soft straw cup best.  We have 2 of them and are going to order more.  It took him a long time to figure out how to use the straw and this week it just clicked and he seems to have forgetten how to use a sippy.  For a straw you hold is straight but for a sippy you have to tip it up (it works somewhat by gravity).  He keeps trying to suck through the sippy which doesn't work.

Quoting irishmom86: I'm considering breastfeeding this baby. How much will the bottles and everything too get with them be? What type of straw cup are you going to get?
Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)