Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

vba2c. Dr saying no

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:24 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have been at the same OB since around 8 wks. Today I am 34 and 2, saw a different dr this appt that I had never seen. I saw a midwife and a different dr until now. He is refusing to do a vba2c which the other Dr's hadn't told me no..he told me you have until your next appt to make a decision..said oh well I'm going to talk to the other Dr's in the practice and tell them no...grr I'm so irritated right now :( I could just scream
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:26 AM
What were his reasons?
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:32 AM
My doctor performed my csection with dd. she isn't my original ob but my actual doctor left the practice before I gave birth so unless I go where my old doctor is practicing now I'm stuck.

I told her I wanted a vbac she plugged something into a calculator and said it was all ok she then said i might have to have a c-section. I don't want to be away from my daughter that long.
sandersmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM
He didn't give any except the chances of uterine rupture which of course I already knew....he said oh if you were my family member I would tell you a csec...so disappointed after all the time spent here and being told yes...just hope he isn't on call when I go in labor

Quoting RADmomma: What were his reasons?
RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:51 AM
I would fight for it.

Talk to the other drs.

My first was a csection. My second was a vbac. I'm pregnant with #3 & will have another vbac.

Quoting sandersmomma: He didn't give any except the chances of uterine rupture which of course I already knew....he said oh if you were my family member I would tell you a csec...so disappointed after all the time spent here and being told yes...just hope he isn't on call when I go in labor

sandersmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 12:13 PM
I def am not backing down..just hoping he's not the dr on call
doulala
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 1:26 AM

You don't have to use this doctor.
You could switch!    
And no, of course you don't have to consent to an unnecessary cesarean, why add unnecessary risks to you and your baby?
Do you have a doula?     Are you interested in a different setting?

Reluctant doctors like to believe that they haven't much influence over
their patients, but that is clearly not the case. Several studies have
found that when doctors genuinely encouraged women to have VBACs, most
of them did, and when they said nothing or acted neutral, most women
didn't. Finally, when obstetricians discouraged VBAC in women who
wanted to try it,none of them did.

Henci Goer, Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 5:17 AM
Well you have options. Look for another doctor. Or show up at the hospital in active labor and refuse the sign for a csection.
mkjordan307
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:03 AM
I'm not sure if he told you this but the chance of uterine rupture are the same weather you have had a vbac or weather it's your first baby

Quoting sandersmomma: He didn't give any except the chances of uterine rupture which of course I already knew....he said oh if you were my family member I would tell you a csec...so disappointed after all the time spent here and being told yes...just hope he isn't on call when I go in labor

sandersmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
No He Was Just Trying To Force A Csec Down My throat. It was driving me crazy grr. My husband will be at my next appt and we are going to have a long talk w the Dr's office

Quoting mkjordan307: I'm not sure if he told you this but the chance of uterine rupture are the same weather you have had a vbac or weather it's your first baby

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you need a doula.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)