Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I feel dumb asking but...

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I've had BH or contractions since Friday. (My water broke with my first so I never felt contractions till they where unbearable kinda thing) anyway Friday they where an hour apart saturday they where down to 20 mins apart but after sleeping sat night I woke up and they where back to an hour apart. I've been feeling awful so maybe I'm just ready to be done but my question is should I schedule an appointment to see my doc or should I just ignore it? (Another question is can I even see my doc between the times I'm "suppose" to??)

My next appointment is not this Tuesday but next Tuesday so I'm just afraid of waiting and something happening.

*side note my first was born at 38 weeks so I'm kinda freaked out based on that I guess*
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeKendria
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I seriously have the same problem right now . Contractions for the last two days. They were far apart them closer then they stopped for the night back this morning home again. My water also broke with my first two and I didn't have contractions until they have me pitocin . Well I had this feeling like I was starting my cycle at first. Idk if we are beginning labor or not but I know my doc. Said I may not make it to my next appt this Wednesday but that was last Wednesday . I think as long as the contractions are inconsistent and our water hasn't broken its not time yet.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:33 PM
How are you now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:41 PM
This and why isn't your Dr having you come in every week at 37 weeks,?

Quoting kmqw229: How are you now?
Rhyinns.Mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 3:56 AM
I've felt them every hour but they are staying the same. They basically told me when I called about it that at this point if I have a baby cool if not they will see me next week. I saw them last week and they said there was still no need to do weekly cause I was normal. I really don't like my doc.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:10 AM
A lot of docs are moving away from weekly appointments in normal pregnancies the last year or so. I had an appointment at 37 weeks because I missed one between 28 weeks and 38... After that I didn't have another until 40 weeks and that was my last one.

Quoting briellesmomma: This and why isn't your Dr having you come in every week at 37 weeks,?

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Isn't that a bit dangerous? Anything can happen at the home stretch. Not that I would want to jinx it or think negatively but I like going every week after 36 weeks just to make sure baby (or babies for me) are ok.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: A lot of docs are moving away from weekly appointments in normal pregnancies the last year or so. I had an appointment at 37 weeks because I missed one between 28 weeks and 38... After that I didn't have another until 40 weeks and that was my last one.

Quoting briellesmomma: This and why isn't your Dr having you come in every week at 37 weeks,?

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:13 AM
I'm having twins so I go every week but even with my DD, I went every week. It just feels safer to me.

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: I've felt them every hour but they are staying the same. They basically told me when I called about it that at this point if I have a baby cool if not they will see me next week. I saw them last week and they said there was still no need to do weekly cause I was normal. I really don't like my doc.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM
It's really not. They try to use as much evidence based care as possible, and evidence is saying it isn't necessary to go in as long as mom and baby are healthy. They really don't do much beyond measurements in those last weeks unless mom is noticing symptoms of a problem. If there's no outward symptoms they have no way to know something is wrong.

Quoting briellesmomma: Isn't that a bit dangerous? Anything can happen at the home stretch. Not that I would want to jinx it or think negatively but I like going every week after 36 weeks just to make sure baby (or babies for me) are ok.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: A lot of docs are moving away from weekly appointments in normal pregnancies the last year or so. I had an appointment at 37 weeks because I missed one between 28 weeks and 38... After that I didn't have another until 40 weeks and that was my last one.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Ahhh.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: It's really not. They try to use as much evidence based care as possible, and evidence is saying it isn't necessary to go in as long as mom and baby are healthy. They really don't do much beyond measurements in those last weeks unless mom is noticing symptoms of a problem. If there's no outward symptoms they have no way to know something is wrong.

Quoting briellesmomma: Isn't that a bit dangerous? Anything can happen at the home stretch. Not that I would want to jinx it or think negatively but I like going every week after 36 weeks just to make sure baby (or babies for me) are ok.

Rhyinns.Mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM
That's why I wanna know if I'm allowed to be like "I want weekly appointments" cause I keep getting so close to labor and it suddenly stops. >.<

Quoting briellesmomma: I'm having twins so I go every week but even with my DD, I went every week. It just feels safer to me.

Quoting Rhyinns.Mommy: I've felt them every hour but they are staying the same. They basically told me when I called about it that at this point if I have a baby cool if not they will see me next week. I saw them last week and they said there was still no need to do weekly cause I was normal. I really don't like my doc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)