Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how many tests did you take?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Jen
  • 39 Replies
How many pregnancy tests did you take after your 1st positive?

I have a 5 yo DD and it took my husband and I several years to get prego with her due to my medical condition. 1 test and we knew there was no need for any others =} But we have had several miscarriages since her. Well I have been feeling "off" over the last month and since my periods are bot regular its hard to say "oh I missed my cycle" well after some crazy cravings we decided to buy a 2 pack of tests I took the 1st test on April 8th at 6pm and I had a very faint positive. Husband said ok lets see what the other one says in the am. Ok no problem 1st thing in the morning on the 9th very dark positive. I called and scheduled a appointment with my OB and they cant see me till the 22nd. Well over the last week I haven't felt sick and no cravings and my breasts aren't as tender so I became very concerned so today I went and bought a cheap 88 cent walmart test and yup still a dark positive. I wanna be excited but i'm so scared of loosing another pregnancy. So how many test did you take?
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:03 AM
With my first I only took one test, with my 2nd only one but I ended up miscarrying that one so with this pregnancy I took 7 within one and half week period. I became relived once the test line was darker then the control line. I will admit this pregnancy I have been more cautious and a basket case when you miscarry any pregnancies after that takes that innocents away. Good luck to you and congratulations.
kaybayblee3
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:13 AM

With my first-2

With my 2nd-4

with for 3rd-7(long story with that lol)

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM

After the positive? None I stopped at 1 positive.

m0mmy0ftw02012
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:16 AM

we took a total of 6 pregnancy test...lol My husband couldnt believe it the first one..lol.... He was told by doctors he wasnt able to have kids with out having surgery. So he is super excited (he only shows it once and a while lol) 

kamismommy1208
by Jen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I agree good luck to you also. I guess seeing the line was just a reassurance that I am pregnant.

Quoting lost2013: With my first I only took one test, with my 2nd only one but I ended up miscarrying that one so with this pregnancy I took 7 within one and half week period. I became relived once the test line was darker then the control line. I will admit this pregnancy I have been more cautious and a basket case when you miscarry any pregnancies after that takes that innocents away. Good luck to you and congratulations.
kamismommy1208
by Jen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Phew im glad im not the only one lol

Quoting kaybayblee3:

With my first-2

With my 2nd-4

with for 3rd-7(long story with that lol)

kamismommy1208
by Jen on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Aww I think with my PCOS my DH is concerned because I dont think he trusted the 1st test because the 2nd line was so faint lol best of luck to you =}

Quoting m0mmy0ftw02012:

we took a total of 6 pregnancy test...lol My husband couldnt believe it the first one..lol.... He was told by doctors he wasnt able to have kids with out having surgery. So he is super excited (he only shows it once and a while lol) 

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

this is my 3rd.  i think i took 4 or 5 cuz that was all i had, lol!  i had a bunch of ovulation tests though so i took a bunch of those in the first couple weeks for fun.

Mrswalker2012
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 12:24 PM
I took a few with my first because I was young and everybody wanted to know for sure, with dd1 I took 2 and with dd2 just 1
sspaschal2427
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this
With both I lost count lol I'm a poas-aholic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)