Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

39 weeks pregnant and miserable

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM
  • 30 Replies
I haven't had this problem before but it hurts to walk and move around. It is absolutely miserable. I can't sleep because my hips hurt. There is no indication baby is coming either. My midwife said we will have a baby next week but I am hoping it's earlier. I did a full work day today but I think I'm cutting them short the rest of the week. I just feel guilty leaving early.
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:19 PM

i totally feel your pain, my son decided to wait until 39w6d to be born, little stinker...and he started early labor at 37wks, so i was tortured, i did half days at work because i couldn't sit that long, i did that probably for the last two weeks, i felt bad, but honestly you need to rest, relax, and not be too hard on yourself...baby will come soon! 

lillucky8
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM

i slept with a mountain of pillows so i could get comfy, and i would sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair, and roll around on it to open up my hips...it helped a little

MrsHubert
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I'm 39 weeks today and I'm having the exact same problem. I'm so miserable
mjimaging
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM
My last was 11 days late. I don't want this one to be that late. I was trying to get to leave at 4 instead of 5 but part of me feels like why can't I just make the last hour. We will see for the rest of the week. I think they are kicking me out Monday anyway. FMLA is scheduled to start on the 21st even though I told them I didn't know when I'd be leaving.

Quoting lillucky8:

i totally feel your pain, my son decided to wait until 39w6d to be born, little stinker...and he started early labor at 37wks, so i was tortured, i did half days at work because i couldn't sit that long, i did that probably for the last two weeks, i felt bad, but honestly you need to rest, relax, and not be too hard on yourself...baby will come soon! 

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I tried pillows between my knees but it didn't help. It's my hips that really hurt. That and my groin. It's hard to even get out of bed. I have to basically roll over to get out. Seems worse then my other two pregnancies. I've been on the yoga ball, I've tried the couch, the rocking chair. Nothing is comfortable except laying down but that doesn't last. Soon, it should be over.

Quoting lillucky8:

i slept with a mountain of pillows so i could get comfy, and i would sit on a yoga ball instead of a chair, and roll around on it to open up my hips...it helped a little

MrsErdos2011
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:24 PM
I'm 34w4d and having the same problems. To top it off my 2½ year old loves to cuddle with my belly but my belly is so tender right now that I cringe every time he touches my belly.
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Hope baby comes soon so you can get relief.  I am only 30 weeks and since 25 weeks this baby keeps putting pressure on my sciatic nerve to were some days it is painful to walk, any time I sit up from sitting, lounging, or laying down I get a sharp pain in my vaginal area, and I am really tied from chasing my DD around all day (she is 2).  These next 10 weeks (or 11weeks if she decides not to come then I will be induced) are going to take forever!

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM
I had DD at 39 weeks and 4 days. 4 years ago. Good luck. 1st least you're almost there lol. I'm 32 weeks and 5 days with twins.
Faett
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:26 AM
I feel it! I'm sorry! I'll be 38 weeks this Friday and was put on bedrest because I had bronchitis/sinus infection for 2-3 weeks that was making my Bp skyrocket. FINALLY got over it just to get terrible back pain and today I cracked a rib from one cough..... I can't move an inch without pain. So ready..
mjimaging
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:19 AM
I had that whole cuddle problem with my boons at first. He'd come in to cuddle and just touch them and it hurt so bad. He wasn't trying to hurt me and he wasn't terribly rough, I was just super sensitive.

Quoting MrsErdos2011: I'm 34w4d and having the same problems. To top it off my 2½ year old loves to cuddle with my belly but my belly is so tender right now that I cringe every time he touches my belly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)