Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I have a 1year old and due again in mid July...why do people give me strange looks/comments?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok so yes I am pregnant again due in July and also I have a baby boy who will be 1 on Friday.They both were planned close together because I spaced my two daughters apart 5 years (14 & 9) dad and I also want our sons closer in age being they are boys and the last kids but oddly people look at my stomach then my baby boy and ask rude ?'s or just look and I can read the minds of most just by the facial it's getting more annoying by the day why can't people not be soo judgemental??!!
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diesel_darling
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Each of mine are 4yrs apart ages 9, 5, and 18mo. I'm pregnant again, due in August, and I've noticed that I get a lot of snarky looks this time with a big belly and a baby on my hip.
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I know what you mean. My youngest is 10 months old and I am 6 months pregnant with twins. I almost hate to take my 10 month old out to stores with me right now because I get people looking at my belly and looking at the baby like ... "Wait a minute..." LOL. It does get annoying.

Brandibee_5
by 7/30/14 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Some People are so cruel. I would have loved for my kids to be close in age but I had fertility issues. Congrats on your babies. They are a blessing.
ToniTennille
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:18 AM
People are rude. Congrats! I think it's awesome!
228mommy922
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:17 AM
I have a 13 month old and my second is due in sept. I'm only 20 so people tend to have all kinds of rude remarks for me. My first wasn't planned but this one was a great if I get pregnant but were not just absolutely trying baby. My hubby and I have a great relationship, our daughter is very well taken care of. We support ourselves well. So I get ticked when people start weighing in. people can just be so rude
Kaykay8170
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:47 AM
People don't like other people doing things differently than them. Some are quick to hostility over differences even if they don't know that's why they're being hostile, they'll come up with their own reasoning.
If I saw you out and about, if instantly be curious, but I'm absolutely not interested at this point in being pregnant again in the near future, perhaps not at all.... Different strokes ;) congrats to you and yours :D
Lovingmyks
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:52 AM
That's just people for you. I was induced 9 days after my son's first birthday
Irene1923
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM
My daughter is 8 months old and I am 25 weeks pregnant with our son (they will be 11 months apart). I haven't heard any rude comments but I am sure there are those who have thought rude things. My pregnancy wasn't planned but we are excited either way. Sorry people are so rude.
Angela_Barlow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:13 AM
They give strange looks and comments because they're assholes. People have no filter when it comes to pregnancy.
VicVinegar
by Keila on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My yds will only be 18months when the new baby gets here in June. I also have a 10yr dd and a 8yr ds so I wanted my youngest to be close in age. My older kids are best friends so I always said if I had 3 kids I would have 4 to give them an opportunity to be as close as my older kids!

People say I'm crazy all the time and I'm not naive enough to believe the first few months won't be extremely hard, but I also think it will all be worth it!! Oh and I had c-sections which is the only reason I waited this long, if I had a vaginal birth I would have preferred them to be around one year apart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN