Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

1st dr appointment , nervous .

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:31 AM
  • 8 Replies

well , i just booked an appointment with the dr for the 26th and on that day i would be 6 weeks 4 days.

would i be able to see a heart beat??? would i be able to see a little bean in there .. ?

did anyone get an u/s and saw something around 6-7 weeks???

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PeppyInPink
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It's possible if you ovulated on the day you think & are as far along as you think. Sometimes things can be a few days behind or such but I think by 6 weeks you can see the heartbeat, I'm not sure about hearing it but I saw the hb at 6 weeks during one of my pregnancies.
Hopefully everything goes great!!!! ;)
pushmug
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM

thanx thats reassuring 

VicVinegar
by Keila on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

You might not get an ultrasound this early, it depends on your circumstances and the doctor. My doctor doesn't do an ultrasound until around 12weeks, then again he won't even see you until at least 8 weeks! If he does one you should be able to see the little bean. I'm sure everything will be fine! Congrats momma:)

lillucky8
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
If you have an ultrasound you should be able to see the heartbeat flickering at that stage, but just to warn you my first appt was always a nurse appointment to go over my history etc, i didnt have a doc appt until tenish weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You would still be pretty early on, so there probably wouldn't be a heart beat on the doppler.  As far as an ultrasound, it really depends on your care provider.  You probably could see the lil heart beat on the ultrasound, but not all care providers do early ultrasounds unless they need it for dating or to check on something.

Good luck though!  I hope your appointment goes well!

pushmug
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:24 AM

thanx ladies..

where i live its easy to get an early u/s . i was gonna wait but im just tooo dang excited .

tbh i just want to see that flicker and get a little peace of mind , i know something bad can still happen but i also know after seeing or hearing a heart beat chances are very low.

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM
I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days.
pushmug
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Quoting smurfy88: I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days.

YAY , thanx ...im hoping i can see one too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)